TGIFriday What's cooking 11/18/2011?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
It maybe left over tacos/taco salad or it could be bacon and eggs. Not quite sure yet.

Any plans?

Re: TGIFriday What's cooking?

The free Library of Congress theatre here is showing "Singin' in the Rain" tonight, so assuming hubby gets home from work on time, we'll be attending that & most likely will dine out somewhere afterwards. :)

Embryodad

I really don't know what I want...
DW is away in PA... I know she picked up 10 dozen Home made Pierogies at one of the Byzantine Churches. They have been making pierogies and selling them there for over 75 years. They are so light.

My Mom used to buy them there, and as kids brother and I would put spaghetti sauce on them, and eat them like manicotti... What the heck did we know?
We figured, anything with dough....you put tomato sauce on it. L O L >....

It's cool out...and I was blowing morte leaves. I wish we could burn them.
I love the smell of burning leaves. Not as much as Cooking Food though! hahahaha

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I really don't know what I want...
DW is away in PA... I know she picked up 10 dozen Home made Pierogies at one of the Byzantine Churches. They have been making pierogies and selling them there for over 75 years. They are so light.

My Mom used to buy them there, and as kids brother and I would put spaghetti sauce on them, and eat them like manicotti... What the heck did we know?
We figured, anything with dough....you put tomato sauce on it. L O L >....

It's cool out...and I was blowing morte leaves. I wish we could burn them.
I love the smell of burning leaves. Not as much as Cooking Food though! hahahaha
Last week I was telling the hub and girls how I miss the smell of burning leaves.

Leni

DH and I just finished cleaning out the refrig. It's going to be leftovers tonight. Everyone gets to pick what they want to eat.

Embryodad

Found a bag of leftover Pizza from the other day. Had two slices heated in the toaster oven. It passed!!..

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i made the mahi-mahi meuniere i didn't make yesterday, roast some asparagus tips, & made smashed garlic purple peruvians-

Attachments

• IMG_0839234.jpg
    IMG_0839234.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 117

Embryodad

Had 4 pierogies for my second supper. I had to scrape the sour cream container..cuz the girls used it in baking. hahahaha... they were ok, but not like mommy Tina's.

when Tina went to the Church basement to pick them up...she noticed right away that the dough was gonna be a little heavy / thick... They had bags of Gold medal Flour, and that is a Heavy flour which is better for baking, but not making dough for pierogies or pasta. They were good though!... The kids are coming for them on Sunday for Dinner!..

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
thanx, jimmy- mahi is a great fish- it's texture allows for so much flexibility in cooking.-i luv pierogies, myself. only time i got sour cream w/ them, though, was when me & my ex went to this bar in the southside when they were a dime/ea. on certain nites. the sour cream was great; the pierogies not so much- they deep-fried them. i'm a fan of butter on my pierogies, or beure noisette-

Last edited:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
My Sweetie had another long day, so I put on my thinking cap for something different. I baked off some seasoned Country Ribs for about 90 minutes, then cubed them up, topped them with Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce and put them under the broiler to warm them up. BINGO, instant riblettes! Cut up some Idaho taters about 1/4" thick, sprayed them with EVOO and topped 'em with mixed Italian herbs, salt & pepper. Into the oven (covered) at 375 for 45 minuted, then 10 minutes uncovered to brown them up. Steamed some fresh cut carrots and broccoli, then coated with melted butter and garlic powder. Finally, took the last of the garden fresh tomatoes that were picked green and turned red over two weeks on the counter, and blended them with balsamic vinaigrette and thinly sliced red onion. DW was impressed, and soon joined the clean plate club. Whew! I got to stay for another night, cuz around here you're only as good as your last meal.:yum:

Dinner111811.jpg

P1040035.jpg

P1040036.jpg