What's Cooking today, Ray ?? Sunday 12/9 - Saturday 12-15

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Reverse seared Angus sirloin.
Never will I use any other method for steaks again.
This turned out marvelous.
Buttery tender and juicy.
275 oven 30 minutes.
Into hot pan, flip, done.

20181209_144803-768x768.jpg

20181209_144303-768x768.jpg

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Well, the B'day party was fine, but the catered fare was not, in my view ...
The Shells, the Meatballs, the Ziti were all loaded with an Italian cheese blend that, excuse me but, it smells like baby spit-up.... the wings were way over-done for my taste, and the salad was haphazardly assembled... Big chunks ... to tough to cut up when the paper plate is on the lap !

So, in a little while, I'll have dinner from the freezer; a slab of lasagna and a bowl of Ham & Bacon Chowder...

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
I love the results from the reverse sear method! I was scared to death first time Craig did it with a 3 inch thick ribeye, but once done, told him that was the way we are doing steaks from now on.

Pizza on the grill tonight. Margherita, Porchetta with leeks, and craig had 1 with the huge pepperoni and his spicy pizza sauce. Used no knead pizza dough I started yesterday.

Attachments

• 2018-12-09 18.13.13.jpg
    2018-12-09 18.13.13.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 130

Embryodad

Finished the leftover stuffed cabbages.....with a gag reflex. ( enough of them already ) 3 times is enough meals for leftovers!
DD is here baking christmas cookies..... So here I am, jamned in the corner of the kitchen like a dog. Hoping something falls within my reach to get something to eat...
At least I was able to sneak a few gingerbread cookies.

Tomorrow, I could go for a sausage or hot dog ....

For lunch, I was able to eat from the can ( mackerel ). Crackers were good with it. The only thing, is the aroma ( smelly stink ) of the fish, attracted the three kitties. I couldn't eat in peace; and at least one of them cried like they were starving.

Embryodad

Well, the B'day party was fine, but the catered fare was not, in my view ...
The Shells, the Meatballs, the Ziti were all loaded with an Italian cheese blend that, excuse me but, it smells like baby spit-up.... the wings were way over-done for my taste, and the salad was haphazardly assembled... Big chunks ... to tough to cut up when the paper plate is on the lap !

So, in a little while, I'll have dinner from the freezer; a slab of lasagna and a bowl of Ham & Bacon Chowder...
I am laughing like hell reading this funny post.
When the kids were little, they would tell my wife,"Please mommy, don't put that stinky @$$ cheese on the lasagna..... hahahahahahahaha

My wife is a great salad maker. She cuts everything small so it could fit on a spoon if someone desired to eat it that way. She said there is nothing worse than ( mostly men ) stuffing big pieces of lettuce into their mouth and into their nose. She even cuts the tomatoes in teaspoon sized pieces.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Nice looking steak, Sass, and med, your pizzas look delish!

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Lee.

Jimmy you crack me up Lol

Med, I was amazed at how awesome the steak tastes doing reverse sear.
I too was a bit apprehensive which is why I didn't buy a terribly expensive cut to experiment with. :smile:
As always, your pizzas look delicious.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Tonight's dinner will be-
Maple mustard glazed salmon - and the recipe I posted for black eyed pea cabbage salad.
I'll use purple cabbage to add a festive colour twist.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Last Night's rejuvenated slab o' Lasagna, with a fresh application of Red Gravy and Mozzarella.... (Looked a lot better going into the Freezer than it looked coming out !)
.... And the Ham & Corn Chowder............

Just talked to Nate..... he informed me that he'll be over after work ; he has a bunch of leftovers for me (Be nice, LT, Be Nice !)

Lasagna.jpg

Ham & Corn Chowder.jpg

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Dinner will be roasted chicken, mashed potatoes, corn and gravy.

Embryodad

Had thin crust Domino's sausage pizza.
DW was wishing for it....... ( My thoughts !@#$%^YU )

...........................THE END ...........................

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
DIL is making dinner tonight.
Something empanada, beans, something, rice something.
Told her make it purdy, it's going on "that place where you talking wit the people that cook"
:tongue:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Turns out she made tostadas.
Very airy and crisp, stuffed with refried beans, cheese, green onion and cilantro (light on mine).
Rice on the side. She uses Sazon in a lot of dishes.
Also Sophie's sofrito in case we wanted heat.

20181211_165353-768x768.jpg

20181211_165548-768x768.jpg

Embryodad

Easy one today.....
Spaghetti and meatballs and sausage. DW pulled out frozen meatballs. Threw in some sauce and paste..... onion and garlic.
It better hurry up and get done! I'm starving, and starting to chew my tongue!

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Chicken vegetable noodle soup, with crispy chicken skin garnish.

Attachments

• 2018-12-11 18.29.01.jpg
    2018-12-11 18.29.01.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 108

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Last Night's Pork Loin Chop, oven-Baked, with a KC BBQ Sauce, Mashed Baby Reds with a Creamed Corn Gravy, Peas 'n Pearls.

First time I've ever done a 1" chop.... nailed it, I think, (although the Warden would have chuckled at my breadcrumb effort).... if not, I've got five more of 'em in the Freezer !

Pork Loin Chop, KC BBQ Sauce.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Whoa, the meals look terrific!

Sass, I've only seen tostadas laying flat, piled with stuff on top. I would love the folded, stuffed ones!

med, I made my stock for chicken soup last night (I have a cold, along with everyone else I know). Wish I'd thought to save the skin for a crispy garnish.

Lucky, nicely cooked chop!

Lee

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
She assembled them flat, Lee.
I folded mine because they were so huge.

Ah!

I've never ordered them because I thought they were crunchy like hard tacos, and would shatter if you tried to cut or bend them.

Lee

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
med, I made my stock for chicken soup last night (I have a cold, along with everyone else I know). Wish I'd thought to save the skin for a crispy garnish.

Lee

I've gotten myself in the habit of every time I debone chicken thighs for something, I throw the bones, skin, and fat off them in a freezer bag. I'll put 3 or 4 thigh trimmings worth in the bag, then start a new one. Then, come soup time, I render the fat and the skin, use the melted fat to saute onions and garlic, then make a dark blonde/very light brown roux , add the liquid, throw in the bones and cook for 15 or more minutes to add extra flavor to the stock, especially if I use pantry stock like I did last night. I like my soup just slightly thickened so I figure why not use the rendered chicken fat and give it a little more flavor.

I had to use a breast last night because we never finished our grocery shopping this past weekend, and neither of us wanted to go yesterday, so had to come up with something off menu plan for the week. I was glad I had the trimmings to give the soup more flavor than just from the breast.

Feel better from your cold!

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Monday night was roasted chicken, mashed red & Yukon potatoes, frozen corn kernels and pan gravy.

roast_chicken_121018_IMG_5160.JPG

Tuesday we had Chinese takeout - sweet and sour chicken, pork fried rice and fried wontons.

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
I haven't seen a can of chicken al King in a longtime. Anyhow I bought a couple cans, and I mixed the meat off my rotisserie Chicken into it. Put it over Toast. Made a nice lunch.

Attachments

• welu.jpg
    welu.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 113