20 cookbooks for $4.00!!!

Calicolady

I went garage sale-ing this morning in my development.
I didn't realize we were having one. So yesterday, when I was walking the dog, I passed a house that was setting up for this morning and I asked, "any cookbooks?" The lady said, "yes, about 200. The sale starts Sat at 8am, but I'll be out a 7am if you want to come by/buy."
Stupid me, I acted so excited I thought she'd jack up the prices. But I went by around 7:15 and she said, "fill a box and it will be $2.00 for the box." I went thru everything and filled 2 boxes=20 books.
Christmas in February!
Research! Now I know what I'll be doing during dinner times for awhile and after the sunday paper tomorrow!

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
What fun! We half a half-price bookstore nearby and it is my downfall. I avoid going if I can. lol

Calicolady

What titles did you get?

I'll name some. Thanks for asking FryBoy

Country Inns of America - 1982
Great Recipes from the New York Times - 1973
The Mole Hole Cookbook - 1986
More Classic Italian Cooking - Marcella Hazan - 1978
the Good Food Cookbook - Margo Oliver - 1993
Madeleine Cooks - Madeleine Kamman - 1986
The Bed-Book of Eating and Drinking-Richardson Wright - 1943
Under The Mushroom - Marilyn Romweber - 1977
Another Mushroom - Marilyn Romweber - 1981
(both a collection of recipes from The Little Mushroom Restaurant - Dallas, Texas)
Simply Delicious Cooking 2 - Ron Kalenuik - 1994
Prepare To Cook - Mary Cadogan - 1981
Dude Food - Karen Brooks, Gideon Bosker & Reed Darmon - 2000

and a few others. 1 for kids for my niece, an everyday chinese cooking one and a few odd others.

It looks like maybe the women who had them was given cookbooks as gifts when her kids might have been growing up. She looked to be in her 60s, so the time period would fit.

Calicolady

Well, I went thru 3 of the ones I didn't list and didn't find anything new or exciting sounding.
Anyone use any recipes from:

Recipes for a Small Planet - Ellen Buchman Ewald - 1973
Dude Food - Karen Brooks, Gideon Bosker & Reed Darmon - 2000
In The Kitchen With Rosie - Rosie Daley - 1994

So I guess they get put away for my next garage sale