What's up with youtube?

chowhound

I went to watch a vid and it said I had to sign up to watch it. Does anyone know what's up with that? I watched some other stuff without problem, but apparently Tanya Tucker's Soon is off limits......? Because of content....? Are you kidding me.....?
Is anybody here signed up/on, whatever? Another source for getting spammed?

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I just viewed it and though I didn't see anything wrong with it. Others might being the subject matter and content gives a bit of sexual implication. Nothing obscene or even would rate a R rating but them there are people that are offended seeing a woman ware lipstick.

Lefty

Yank
I went to watch a vid and it said I had to sign up to watch it. Does anyone know what's up with that? I watched some other stuff without problem, but apparently Tanya Tucker's Soon is off limits......? Because of content....? Are you kidding me.....?
Is anybody here signed up/on, whatever? Another source for getting spammed?
I signed up a while ago when I hit something that was rated violent, cant remember what it was, and I never got spammed.

chowhound

Thanks Lefty. I guess I'll sign up....

Joe, are you signed up? I'm wondering if they are singling out my computer or something.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I've been signed up for a long time now. I wasn't logged on though and had to see it.

Wart

Banned
I had to sign up with google quite a while ago so I could see a vid.

So long ago I don't remember what the vid was.

PS: I will NOT do gMail.

Wart

Banned
That's because it has adult material you perv! :nono1:

What I've seen on YouTube isn't what I would call adult material. YouTube is pretty tame. Sedate , actually.

I'm afraid what I consider Adult material most of America would see as perverted. Maybe even demented. Not to say they wouldn't watch.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Hahaha!

It happened to me too! :lol:

I’ve seen this before on other videos that are considered > 18 in rating.

I’ve had a Youtube account for years, so it’s no problem. When you log in, Youtube puts a cookie on your machine. If you don’t clear your cookies and internet files, then you’re always “logged in” when you visit.

I use CCleaner to clear cookies and temp files (and everyone should really), and I haven’t set up youtube to save its cookies yet. So when I run CCleaner, my Youtube cookie is cleared, and I’m not signed in when I go to that site. I imagine most people that haven’t had a problem haven’t viewed “> 18” rated material, or they aren’t cleaning their cookies regularly……or at least they saved their cookies for trusted site which is what I’m doing right now for youtube.

I'd say to just sign up. They don't spam and it is useful to have the account.

beeput.jpg

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Come to think of it, that I have seen. Videos rated over 18 require you to sign in to guarantee that underage kids are being able to share links and watch it.
I also have Firefox clean my cookies, Internet files, and personal information wiped when I exit.
Makes it was to clear them out when needed. I just exit and come back in if needed.