Baked Chicken Wings

LADawg

I don't like food that is soooo spicy that the heat can be tasted for several minutes after taking the first bite, but I do like food that has a little bite to it. I have found these wings to be just the thing. Good to take to a "bring an dish" event or just something to munch on while watching TV or whatever.

BAKED CHICKEN WINGS
3 Pounds Chicken Wings, cut at joints and trimmed, tips discarded
3/4 Cups all purpose Flour
1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
Pam or other cooking spray
1/4 Pound unsalted Butter, melted
1/2 Cup Hot Sauce
Wash trimmed Chicken Wings of any excess skin and pat dry with a paper towel. In a small bowl add Flour, Garlic Powder, Cayenne, and Salt. Stir well to mix. Place Flour/Spices to a resalable plastic bag, and add Chicken Wings. Seal bag and shake several times to coat Wings.
Place a large cooking rack over an 18” X 12 1/2” cooking pan. Spray with Cooking Spray. Remove coated Wings one at a time, shake to remove excess Flour mixture, and place on the cooking rack. Refrigerate for at least an hour.
In a small sauce pan melt Butter over medium low heat. Add Hot Sauce and stir to mix well.
Remove Chicken Wings from the refrigerator, dip into Butter/Hot Sauce mixture and place them back on the cooking rack. Place in a preheated 400° oven for 25 minutes. Turn Wings and cook for another 20 minutes or until done and no longer pink inside.
Serve warm.
Notes: 1.For easy clean up it is best to line the cooking pan with aluminum foil.
2. Chicken Drummets may be substituted for some of the whole Wings.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Awwwww, LA, I wish you had a picture of those wings!

They sound incredible!

I must try them!

Lee

LADawg

When you try them be sure to trim off and excess skin that you can. Be sure to trim off the part on the second joint where the feathers were.

chilefarmer

Dawg, I to have the same recipe, don't remember where I got it. I know it is really good. It also works on pork chops. One tablespoon corn starch adds a little more crunch. CF

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Buffalo-style baked pork chops, CF???? Man oh MAN!!!

Lee