Tweaking Jello

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
I'm a fan of lemon jello; and lime jello also-
Here's a twist you may want to try........ make the jello according to package directions, but replace the cold water with an equal amount of Fresca or any other grapefruit-flavored soda.....................

I tried using Vernor's with orange jello; it was nice.

I tried using Root Beer with Cherry jello.....that wasn't so nice, sorta reminded me of cough syrup..........

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
Try using rum or mailbu rum in pineapple jello.......................works great!!lol

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
luckytrim, i also love jello (all flavors) and for years i have mixed my jello with juices, and clear pops... yes i agree with you it is very good.

Another idea with jello is:

Try mixixg the jello powder into a plain white frosting mix (using powdered sugar and softened butter and a little juice, any kind)

Here is the recipe for a jello cake i made a couple of years ago...

1 white cake mix (or) make your own white cake mix from scratch. Only instead of using water, use the juice drained from a can of fruit cocktail.
When you are done making the cake mix, add fruit cocktail left in can. Add 2 freshly peeled and thinly sliced, bananas. Mix well to even out.
Pour cake mix into prepared baking pan, greased with butter and flour (or) use non-stick cooking spra.
Bake according to cake mix directions.
Remove from oven and let cool.
When completely cooled, using fork poke holes all over cake.

Mix desired flavor of jello, (2 small box's or 1 large box) only using juice or clear pop as desired.
When jello is mixed, pour over cooled cake and put cake in refridgerator until set.

ENJOY

AllenOK

My Mom used to make a "Cherry Coke Salad" with a can of bing cherries, pecans, Cherry Coke, and a package of cherry jell-o. Substitute the water for the juice from the cherries, with the remainder being Cherry Coke. Follow the directions on the box. Mix the cherries and nuts with the liquid, then pour into a mold or bowl and refrigerate until set. Serve.