What type of cheese...........

homecook

would you put on a pork sandwich?? Like leftover pork loin/tenderloin. A cold sandwich on wheat bread.
DH can't figure out what cheese goes best with it, he's tried Swiss, American, Monterey-Jack and some other one, I think Provolone. LOL

Which do you prefer???

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I like Swiss cheese the best when it comes to meat sandwiches, the baby Swiss from the deli.
For grilled cheese or an odd sannie thrown together with pan sauteed vegetables (onions,peppers and mushrooms) for example... I'll choose a smoked or sharp cheddar normally.

chowhound

Just mayo and lettuce for me. I don't eat cheese on my chicken sandwiches either. Come to think of it, I don't eat cheese on any cold sandwich unless it's made with cold cuts.

Deelady

Sorry, for me unless its cold cuts no cheese for me!! I want to savor the meat without it being masked. If I had to choose though it would prob be Provolone.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Sure I do, that's typically a hot sandwich. But if it were served cold, no. Hold the cheese.

I've had cheese on left over cold sliced beef and pork before, however, I don't think cheese quite fits say, left over turkey or chicken.
Balogna/salami, yes, also I like a slice of american on a tuna sandwich, cold or made into a melt.

Deelady

would you put on a pork sandwich?? Like leftover pork loin/tenderloin. A cold sandwich on wheat bread.
DH can't figure out what cheese goes best with it, he's tried Swiss, American, Monterey-Jack and some other one, I think Provolone. LOL

Which do you prefer???

If I were making it for hubby his first choice would prob be pepper jack....

buckytom

Grill Master
hmmm, plain pork would go nicely with a smoked gouda, i think. or even with melted brie. they won't overpower each other.

homecook

Ok, the next time we have leftover pork I'll tell DH to try gouda. If he doesn't like it I'll eat it.......I love gouda!

Dee........I'm the one that would put pepper-jack on the sandwich. lol DH doesn't go for hot/spicy.

I don't normally put cheese on my sandwiches either, unless it's cold cuts. DH will put Swiss on cold roast beef.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
I only ever have cheese with ham. Never tried cheese & pork. I would probaly go for a cream cheese to give a back ground accent but not dominate the pork which is quite a mild taste.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I can get sliced garlic cheese and onion cheese at the deli. Those would be good.

Or Boursin.

Lee

Deelady

I can get sliced garlic cheese and onion cheese at the deli. Those would be good.

Or Boursin.

Lee

Oh the meijers near us has that sliced garlic cheese atthe deli......YUM! They were handing out samples of it wrapped in oven roasted turkey breast and I had to buy some on the spot!!