IMG_2310.jpg

5 cups flour
2 cups milk
1/4 c sugar
1/2 c Crisco shortening
2 t salt
2 pkgs dry yeast

Measure flour into large mixing bowl.

Heat the milk, sugar, and shortening in a sauce pan until melted together. Let the mixture cool and then add the salt and yeast. Stir until the yeast is no longer lumpy.

Add the liquid mixture to the flour and combine. Knead. Set aside to rise, about an hour or until doubled. Knead again and make into rolls. Let rise again.

Bake at 350 until golden brown.

Makes 2 dozen rolls.

After the first rise and ready for the second rise:
I haven't made these in a long, long time, so I misjudged the size of the balls and had to go back and add a little dough to some of them. :oops: If you get it right the first time, the balls will be smooth, and the rolls will look prettier.

IMG_2296.jpg

After the second rise and ready for the oven:

IMG_2305.jpg

Out of the oven:

IMG_2308.jpg

Ready to eat:

IMG_2313.jpg

Deelady

Wonderful!!! Looks and sounds easy too! I should make my sweet bread into rolls like that and maybe they'd cook though this time!! lol

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Thanks Dee! They are easy. I've never had much luck making loafs of bread.

Meme4251

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:I, to, agree w/Dee about never have mastered making any type of breads, rolls, etc...Something about me and the yeast do not like each other and I seem to lose every battle!! LOL!! Just beautiful lookin rolls Cooksie....May try your recipe when I feel up to the challenge again....lol........Nice, some k coming your way...........