What have you eaten Sunday 9/22/2019 to Saturday 9/28/2019?

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Nice Job, Peeps !

My Scallops aren't a pretty as usual... pan was still too cold when I put 'em in, but they were good, nonetheless........

Scallops, White Rice with a Sweet/Sour Drizzle, Steamed Green Beans with Mushrooms..... Salad with Sweet Peppers and Jalapenos... Italian Dressing.....

Fried Scallops.jpg

IMG_1650.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
LT, I love the look of your ahi tuna - nice job!

Med, I love conch fritters, too, and actually made them from scratch. Once was enough for THAT, lol! Yours look wonderful.

Lee

Embryodad

EeeZee Pizza tonight.
Son Jimmy Jr. picked up 2 pies, and a bunch of Garlic knots.
Some beer to wash it down, and we all were happy.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Med, I love conch fritters, too, and actually made them from scratch. Once was enough for THAT, lol! Yours look wonderful.

Lee

Really? Why? They aren't difficult to make, especially if you use the food processor to chop the conch. Now, if you buy uncleaned conch, it can be a pain to clean, but most conch sold in the US is already cleaned. They are so much better homemade since we make them with more conch than filling.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I plan on cooking tonight!
What yet, I don't know lol
Got a mega grocery shopping trip planned.
It's going to be nice cooking again just for myself!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Really? Why? They aren't difficult to make, especially if you use the food processor to chop the conch. Now, if you buy uncleaned conch, it can be a pain to clean, but most conch sold in the US is already cleaned. They are so much better homemade since we make them with more conch than filling.

My experience was many years ago.

As I recall, they were REALLY tough, and I chopped them with a knife. I probably followed a recipe to do so, and never thought of using a food processor.

I don't remember having to clean them.

Yeah, it was a real PIA, but we all loved the end result!

Pretty sure I'm coming down to move in with you and Craig. :flowers:

Lee

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
LT, I love the look of your ahi tuna - nice job!

THX QSis !

Second time around turned out much better than the first...... Done to the correct rareness !:wave:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I bought these and will divide them into individual packs for the freezer.
So.. I'll make a big dressed burger, with crispy fries.
20190927_123211-768x768.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
On a honey wheat burger bun, with swiss, lettuce, tomatoes and mustard/b&b pickles.
Mmmm!
20190927_165903.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Nothing beats a cheeseburger and fries, Sass!

Earlier this week, we had grilled Chinese sausages (just a small dollop of hot mustard, cuz I'm a wimp), storebought frozen scallion pancakes (wonderful!), edamame, and sake.

Lee

Attachments

• scallion pancakes.JPG
    scallion pancakes.JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 119
  • chinese sausages.JPG
    chinese sausages.JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 116

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
I couldn't find a decently-thick steak at either the Giant, or the Acme, unless I wanted to pay 14 bucks a pound for a blister-packed Wagyu Beef NY Strip......

This one was barely a half-inch thick..... Three minutes first side, two minutes the other....... amazingly it was a nice medium rare...

Bone-In Ribeye, Air Fries, Green Lima's with a few Bacon Bits, Tomato Salad with Green Pepper, Yellow Pepper & Onion under a zesty Italian Dressing...

Salad, Tomato.jpg

Rib Eye, Bone in.jpg

Embryodad

The shepherds pie Mommy Tina made.
Good, but a little salty for me.

Nice peaks of potato dollops and cheese....

IMG_1604.jpg

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
We had Naan pizzas. Mine had sauce, grated cheese, shredded cheddar, shredded mozzarella, red and green bell peppers, onion, mushrooms, black olives and sweet Italian sausage crumbles.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
I've been on a "legumes from dry" kick, methinks the final texture is much nicer than beans that have been sitting in a can for months....

got crisp, so went for chili. I make it two ways - diced steak or ground beef (DW preference) it was 'her turn' didn't have quite 100g of dry kidney beans so added in some Roman and cannellini. which was a hit, so down I need to experiment with multi-bean chili.....

this is the start - another three hrs of simmer to dinner....

IMG_0214.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Tonight I plan to roast an eye round, mashed yukons and turnip root, spinach and burgundy pan gravy.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Shrimp Alfredo Florentine over #8 Iceberg, Red Onion & Black Olive Salad, Red Wine Vinaigrette...

Salad, Iceberg, Red Onion & Black Olive.jpg

Shrimp Alfredo Florentine.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Eye round roast, mashed turnip root & Yukon potatoes (butter, sour cream & chives), mini Yorkshire pudding and burgundy wine pan gravy.

eye_roast_092818_IMG_6281.jpg

Embryodad

Had Eggplant Parm. Giancarlo's bakery and deli, in Succasunna.
A taste of chili that Tina just made.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That roast beef dinner looks terrific, Peep!

You are truly the master, the queen, of a cut of beef I have never had success with!

Lee

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
That roast beef dinner looks terrific, Peep!

You are truly the master, the queen, of a cut of beef I have never had success with!

Lee

Thank you Lee.

That is our favorite cut for roast beef dinner. I am making beef barley soup with the leftover roast and gravy from last night.