Ok, here is the recipe I last used (I change it every time I make it, LOL):

2 16oz cans red kidney beans, not drained
2 16oz cans black beans, drained
2 16oz cans diced tomatoes, not drained
2 16oz cans whole kernel corn, not drained
1 8oz can tomato paste
1 large red onion diced
1 medium Vidalia onion diced
2lbs flank steak (or skirt steak or whatever steak meat you like)
2Tbs diced roasted garlic
1pkg Chili seasoning
1/2tsp salt
1tsp black pepper
1tsp Cayenne pepper
1 small jalapeno pepper finely diced.(or chili pepper or favorite pepper. Yellow, green, and red peppers make for a nice color contrast).

In large pot, combine kidney beans, black beans, tomatoes, tomato paste, corn, red onion, seasoning and peppers and bring to a simmer. While that is going, cut steak into small squares and brown in saute pan with Vidalia onion and garlic. Add to chili (I don't drain the pan first, but rather put it all in the chili as it adds even more flavor) and continue to simmer for 15 to 20 minutes to 'meld' flavors together and allow the steak meat to finish cooking. Let cool slightly and serve.

I also added 1Tbsp Cinnamon to mine, influenced by Cincinnati Chili. Also, I like 'crunch' and texture in my chili, so I don't saute the red onion or peppers first. If you don't like the more 'raw' taste of the onion and peppers, saute them first with the meat.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
LOL yup, posted the pic in the Contest thread. Still using my BB to take pictures so not the greatest looking ones.
I suppose I could post it here too, LOL:

Attachments

• IMG00120-20100103-2154.jpg
    IMG00120-20100103-2154.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 194

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
LOL yup, posted the pic in the Contest thread. Still using my BB to take pictures so not the greatest looking ones.
I suppose I could post it here too, LOL:
Looks great Bud.
Don't worry about pic quality, it's food, you got it, you made it, who cares.
We can see it, that's all that matters.:chef: