They got the house!!!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
My daughter who's getting married in June and her fiance' just had their offer on a house accepted. They've been looking since Thanksgiving and found one they liked but their offer wasn't accepted. They found one that was an even better deal at $182,500 and the seller is going to pay $7000 in closing costs. Yeah! I haven't seen it yet but here are some pics:

She said a kitchen remodel will be first on the list...That's my girl! :thumb:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks guys! I still can't believe the price they got if for. It sold in Sept. 2007 for $264,000. It was a corporate woned house so I guess they needed to unload it.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Beautiful place a far cry Dawn and my first house when we got married. $100 down and $23 per month, a 2 bedroom, 1 bath house on a 110' sq lot. Total price was $10,000 which we sold to Calder Race track to turn into a parking lot 2 years after we bought it for $24,000 and promptly buried that into a larger 4 bedroom 3 bath with a pool, fire place, 4 horse stable on 5.4 acres of land in S. Miami for $32K.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Beautiful place a far cry Dawn and my first house when we got married. $100 down and $23 per month, a 2 bedroom, 1 bath house on a 110' sq lot. Total price was $10,000 which we sold to Calder Race track to turn into a parking lot 2 years after we bought it for $24,000 and promptly buried that into a larger 4 bedroom 3 bath with a pool, fire place, 4 horse stable on 5.4 acres of land in S. Miami for $32K.

What a deal! How long ago was that?

joec

Gold Site Supporter
We bought our first house in late 64 sold it in 66 and bought the second house where we lived till '70 when work died in Florida and sold it and not own another home but did by a condo when we moved back to Florida in '81 which we got rid of and bought a small trailer in Florida City. Hated the condo with the blue hair commando's running it. Lost a small fortune on it when we sold it too. Lived in the trailer till Andrew blew it away rented or was live in managers until now. Now we have a 2 bed room 2 bath apartment on 2.9 acres of a small self storage facility in Lexington. I am part owner and operator in this. They will carry my body from this place.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
We bought our first house in late 64 sold it in 66 and bought the second house where we lived till '70 when work died in Florida and sold it and not own another home but did by a condo when we moved back to Florida in '81 which we got rid of and bought a small trailer in Florida City. Hated the condo with the blue hair commando's running it. Lost a small fortune on it when we sold it too. Lived in the trailer till Andrew blew it away rented or was live in managers until now. Now we have a 2 bed room 2 bath apartment on 2.9 acres of a small self storage facility in Lexington. I am part owner and operator in this. They will carry my body from this place.

:yum::yum::yum:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Super deal. Best wishes to the kids. There are a ton of deals out there right now for people with 20% down and good credit. Kind of like the way it used to be.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
That's wonderful! :clap:

Moving isn't fun, but a new house is!! Congrats to them!! :thumb:

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
How exciting for the two of them--on the brink of their new life together has husband and wife!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Moving won't be too bad. I've been busy in the kitchen today. I made some spinach lasagna, bbq ribs, grilled chicken, macaroni and cheese, green beans, salad and Outback Bread to feed anyone who is helping them move. I have a feeling they'll have plenty of help...

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Moving won't be too bad. I've been busy in the kitchen today. I made some spinach lasagna, bbq ribs, grilled chicken, macaroni and cheese, green beans, salad and Outback Bread to feed anyone who is helping them move. I have a feeling they'll have plenty of help...

:w00t: Look at that menu! Sign me up to help!!! Twice! :lol:

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
The house looks great, I wish them all the best and lots of happiness in the house.

Calicolady

Great deal, beautiful house (gas stove-my dream!)
But who's gonna wash all those divided windows?
Oh wait, Keltin said he'd work for food.
Congrats, and best wishes.
(But Mama, don't you overdue it)

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks!...and I'll be careful Calico. I'm off to help with moving day so I won't be around until this evening...y'all behave while I'm gone and have a great day!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Got everything moved yesterday. They're doing some painting today. Tired doesn't exactly describe how I feel today...it's a little beyond that.

She gave me all of the crap she wanted to get rid of to go with all of the crap that I want to get rid of so in a couple of weeks, I'm gonna have a REALLY BIG crap sale! :lol: