What is the favorite burger place in your state?

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Here are the results from one survey.
For Ohio and WV I would not argue with the results. Some local pubs beat the chain burger but that is not available state wide.

------------
Favorite Fast Food Burgers of Each State

http://www.wideopeneats.com/map-of-favorite-fast-food-burgers-for-each-state/

MARIA CRISTINA LALONDE POSTED JUNE 19, 2017
From the mountains of Walla Walla, Washington to the sandy beaches of Florida, fast-food burgers are adored across the country. But while burger love is universal, different states have different ideas on what—and who—makes a great burger.

In a recent poll, Ranker asked more than 10,000 burger fans nationwide to name their favorite burger from a major fast-food establishment or restaurant chain. You can see the favorite fast-food burgers for every state below.

America's Favorite Fast Food Burger
Ranker with Mental Floss

The data found that the Double Double from In-N-Out and the Hamburger from Five Guys tie as the most popular fast-food burgers in the U.S., with both burgers earning votes from 15 states each. The Bacon Cheeseburger from Five Guys followed close behind, earning votes from 15 states.

For a more detailed list, see below.

ALABAMA: HAMBURGER (FIVE GUYS)

ALASKA: WHOPPER (BURGER KING)

ARIZONA: DOUBLE DOUBLE (IN-N-OUT)

ARKANSAS: BACON CHEESEBURGER (FIVE GUYS)

CALIFORNIA: DOUBLE DOUBLE (IN-N-OUT)

COLORADO: DOUBLE DOUBLE (IN-N-OUT)

CONNECTICUT: BACON CHEESEBURGER (FIVE GUYS)

DELAWARE: HAMBURGER (FIVE GUYS)

FLORIDA: BACON CHEESEBURGER (FIVE GUYS)

GEORGIA: BACON CHEESEBURGER (FIVE GUYS)

HAWAII: DOUBLE DOUBE (IN-N-OUT)

IDAHO: HAMBURGER (FIVE GUYS)

ILLINOIS: DOUBLE DOUBE (IN-N-OUT)

INDIANA: HAMBURGER (FIVE GUYS)

IOWA: BUTTERBURGER (CULVER’S)

KANSAS: BACON CHEESEBURGER (FIVE GUYS)

KENTUCKY: HAMBURGER (FIVE GUYS)

LOUISIANA: ORIGINAL WHATABURGER (WHATABURGER)

MAINE: HAMBURGER (FIVE GUYS)

MARYLAND: BACON CHEESEBURGER (FIVE GUYS)

MASSACHUSETTS: BACON CHEESEBURGER (FIVE GUYS)

MICHIGAN: HAMBURGER (FIVE GUYS)

MINNESOTA: BUTTERBURGER (CULVER’S)

MISSISSIPPI: HAMBURGER (FIVE GUYS)

MISSOURI: DOUBLE ‘N CHEESE STEAKBURGER (STEAK ‘N SHAKE)

MONTANA: BACON CHEESEBURGER (FIVE GUYS)

NEBRASKA: HAMBURGER (FIVE GUYS)

NEVADA: DOUBLE DOUBLE (IN-N-OUT)

NEW HAMPSHIRE: BACON CHEESEBURGER (FIVE GUYS)

NEW JERSEY: HAMBURGER (FIVE GUYS)

NEW MEXICO: WHOPPER JUNIOR (BURGER KING)

NEW YORK: BACON CHEESEBURGER (FIVE GUYS)

NORTH CAROLINA: HAMBURGER (FIVE GUYS)

NORTH DAKOTA: HAMBURGER (FIVE GUYS)

OHIO: BACON CHEESEBURGER (FIVE GUYS)

OKLAHOMA: ORIGINAL WHATABURGER (WHATABURGER)

OREGON: WESTERN BACON CHEESEBURGER (CARL’S JR.)

PENNSYLVANIA: BACON CHEESEBURGER (FIVE GUYS)

RHODE ISLAND: BACON CHEESEBURGER (FIVE GUYS)

SOUTH CAROLINA: HAMBURGER (FIVE GUYS)

SOUTH DAKOTA: WHOPPER (BURGER KING)

TENNESSEE: HAMBURGER (FIVE GUYS)

TEXAS: ORIGINAL WHATABURGER (WHATABURGER)

UTAH: DOUBLE DOUBLE (IN-N-OUT)

VERMONT: HAMBURGER (FIVE GUYS)

VIRGINIA: HAMBURGER (FIVE GUYS)

WASHINGTON: DOUBLE DOUBLE (IN-N-OUT)

WEST VIRGINIA: BACON CHEESEBURGER (FIVE GUYS)

WISCONSIN: BUTTERBURGER (CULVER’S)

WYOMING: HAMBURGER (FIVE GUYS)

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Florida, Char-Hut, way better than Five Guys, and a bit less expensive. Not many of them around though unfortunately.

Johnny West

I've not seen an In-in-Out in Washington. There are a myriad of good burger places / sports bars and one simply cannot say one is better than the other.

For a fast burger and no odd frills, Jack in the Box is my favorite.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
I forgot about Culver's. There are just a few on Florida's east coast, but quite a few on the west. DD and DGDs took me there the last time I was over to see them. Culver's is really good, but I still like the Char-Hut burgers better. Culver's ice cream, or I guess I should say frozen custard is very good. My girls really like the concrete mixes they have, like DQ Blizzard's, only harder.

Haven't been to one in years because there aren't any close, but Backyard Burgers used to be really good too.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Five Guys is alright.
I much prefer Culver's or A&W's Papa Burger, or even a Kewpee burger here in Ohio.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I've been to LA and San Fran multiple times but never seen an In N Out burger place.

We have Hardee's here and out west there is a sister fast food place ...but I can't think oft the name of it. Maybe Jack in the Box.

For me, I'd agree the 5 guys burger is the best chain place burger around here. Looking forward to trying In N Out someday.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Five Guys is alright.
I much prefer Culver's or A&W's Papa Burger, or even a Kewpee burger here in Ohio.
Hmmm wish I could try those to compare but none of those places are around here. Dang it.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Completely agree with five guys in NJ if we are going out.

Lately, I have been buying 90% ground beef in 2# or larger packs. I Patty it in 1/4# patties and put each Patty in one of those fold the flap over sandwich bags. Then I put them in the freezer to harden a bit. After that, I put them in a long food saver bag I make from a roll. I vacuum sell that and into the freezer. When I want a burger, open the bag, take out the number desired, my microwave has a turbo defrost. About five minutes later I have a cool defrosted burger ready to cook. Add cheese and some bacon and pickles defrost a bunch, never left the house. Ready in 20 minutes, less time and expense than going out.

Johnny West

I understand there is a new burger place in Lakewood that is supposed to be good. Also, a friend went to El Gaucho's happy hour and had their burger, only offered at happy hour, and said it was the best she's had. She likes her meat well done, but will believe her.

This is the last burger I had, on bunco night a few weeks ago, at Bob's Burger and Brew.

The other night I tried their house IPA with the fish and chips and it was very good. I'll buy a growler tomorrow for the church men's meeting.

WinCo had petite sirloin for $3.48 a pound and got some to grind for my own burger. I'll need to get more for St. Patrick's Day Steak and Guinness, too.

Attachments

• #Bob's Burger.jpg
    #Bob's Burger.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 22

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
other than a local pub, 5 guys--
Same here Luvs.
I should have titled the thread "in your area" in stead of in your State. Each area of every state has it's own fav. :bonk:

Johnny West

I stopped at Five Guys late yesterday afternoon and got one before going to a vestry meeting. I needed to take a ranitidine later, but it was ok. For the money I'd rather have a Red Robin.

The chocolate shake was good.

Attachments

• #5 Guys.jpg
    #5 Guys.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 12

Johnny West

Sonic is also very good I've eaten at one quite a few times in the South. Love their frappes also!! :weber:

I have one in my area and have only had a hotdog. I'll give them a try. There is a Fat Burger in Federal Way we've tried and it was good.

Johnny West

We went to Bob’s yesterday afternoon. The bar was full of older folks eating and happy hour drinking. I was shocked! Today will be back to sensible dining…. I couldn’t eat all the fries.

CC1D2FC8-4746-4271-8B1F-8FF67A6CA8B8.jpeg8C087AF9-5C8C-402C-AAD8-1E9C3359A514.jpeg5FA91094-DE95-40CA-A4E1-5EBDC0D66446.jpegB2F3A73C-17D0-4617-B4FB-E1EAAB72374E.jpeg