Date Night on the Grill - Sea Bass, Crostinis, Shrimps, Sweet Potatoes, Romaine...

GrillinFool

My cousin, and fellow Grillin Fool, and his wife documented date night on the grill recently. With the economy the way it is, why not stay in and cook an elaborate meal for a fraction of the cost of what it would be at a nice restaurant. Not only do you get to enjoy the meal together but also the process of making it.

The appetizers of crostinis and shrimps:
123.JPG

Side dish of grilled Sweet Potatoes:
127.JPG

Another side of grilled Romaine (a really popular thing on our site these days as it is so friggin good)
132.JPG

The main dish, some lovely sea bass:
134.JPG

The setting for the meal:
135.JPG

Plated:
137.JPG

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Nice job, GF! Your table and deck looked beautiful and your dinner looked wonderful!

I'd love to have a date night like that!

Lee

GrillinFool

Nice job, GF! Your table and deck looked beautiful and your dinner looked wonderful!

I'd love to have a date night like that!

Lee

I can't take credit for that table, deck or the meal. My Cousin and his wife did the meal, and the deck!! He's a contractor and built this giant deck off the back of his house. Half covered half not. It's really awesome....

Love2"Q"

looks fantastic ... i have not made grilled romaine in awhile ..
i need to get it back into the rotation ..

chowhound

Now that just might be a way to get me to eat sweet potatoes.
I have a thing about orange spuds, but those look great. Much better than the ones with perfectly browned marshmallows on top ;^)

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I have to agree with everyone else as this would be a date night for my wife and I. By the way a date to us never was a restaurant since she worked in them for years, it was always me cooking her a meal then her doing desert if you get my drift. :smile: