Need Lamb Tenderloin Ideas

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I was in Fresh Market yesterday and they had lamb tenderloins. I've never seen them before, so of course, I had to try some.

Now I need some ideas on what to do with them. They weigh about 1/4 pound each, and are shaped just like a perfect little tenderloin. They are beautifully peeled and trimmed - no prep work appears to be necessary.

Anyone ever cook them before? Any ideas?

lilylove

YUMMY!

You can use this recipe. It's one of our favorites. Just switch the loins in for the shanks.

Lamb Shank recipe
Lamb shank recipe questions
6 lamb shanks
8 garlic cloves
1 onion chopped
2 carrots chopped,
2 stalks of celery chopped
3 tomatoes chopped
1 cup red wine
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
3 bay leaves
1 piece fresh thyme
1 piece fresh rosemary
4 cups chicken stock
water to cover shanks

Salt and pepper the shanks.
Brown them in a heavy pan.
Remove and brown the celery,onions and carrots
Replace meat in pan.
Add the herbs and the garlic and rest of veggies
Add all the liquid
Cover your pan and place in 350 degree oven.
bake for one hour and then turn the meat over and cook for 90 minutes more. meat should be falling off the bones.

FryBoy

I would just rub them all over with a cut garlic clove, massage them with olive oil, add a dash of salt and freshly ground pepper, and grill them quickly over a hot fire to medium-rare.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
With all due respect to lilylove, I agree with Fryboy and Jeff - cook the tenderloin hot and fast.

I would grill it whole, as they suggested, to medium-rare, then slice it into medallions to serve. I bet it would make delish kebabs, though!

Do you have a grill, Silver Sage?

Lee

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Cut into 1' Steaks- Season- BBQ or Broiler. A little Mint Jelly. Yum yum Yum!
We had some last week. I am sure you could just put it in the oven after seasoning DON'T OVER COOK!