2 tablespoons plus 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 ripe avocado, peeled
2 teaspoons grated lime zest
Juice of 2 limes (about 1/2 cup)
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 celery stalks, sliced

1. In a large pot, cover the potatoes with cold water. Add the 2 tablespoons of salt and bring the potatoes to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes or until you can pierce them easily with a paring knife. Drain them in a colander and allow to cool.

2. Meanwhile, puree the avocado, lime zest and juice, garlic, cilantro, mayonnaise, and remaining salt in a food processor until smooth. If the dressing seems too thick, add a tablespoon or so of hot water.

3. Cut the potatoes into bite-size chunks (leave the skins on) and place them in a large bowl with the celery. Scrape in the dressing with a rubber spatula and gently stir it all together. Serve immediately, or cover and chill. Serves 8 to 10.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Nice twist on an old favorite! And who DOESN'T love avocado????

Lee

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
OMG this is fantastic! Two of my favorite things combined into one nummy! Thanks Sass!! :)

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
joe! barb! I'm aghast and agog!!!! :shock:

This is almost as shocking as someone saying they don't like BACON!!!

A perfectly ripe avocado is the most SENSUOUS food on Earth!

Lee

joec

Gold Site Supporter
If you think throwing up and then breaking out in hives is SENSUOUS then I guess it would be. :puke1:

Deelady

Lee

I couldnt agree more!!! I adore avocados!! Thanks for the recipe Sass!!! :D

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
If you think throwing up and then breaking out in hives is SENSUOUS then I guess it would be. :puke1:

Ewww, sorry, joe! I just looked up "avocado allergy". Ick.

Okay, you are forgiven and excused. :flowers:

Lee

joec

Gold Site Supporter
My wife loves them so I have to be careful when she gets them. I grew up in south Florida and never could handle avocado nor mangoes either. Now give me a grapefruit, lemon, lime or orange and I'm a happy camper.

homecook

Lee

Sorry!! lol It's not that I despise them, I just don't care for them. If I'm in a Mexican restaurant and get the guacamole on the plate, I will eat it. I'm just not crazy about it.

smoke king

Banned
Thanks for sharing this one Sass. It seems so obvious now I can't believe no ones thought of it before!!

Potato salad, guacamole....Yum! Thanks for sharing! This one will be appearing at my next BBQ for sure! (its printing even as we speak!)

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Bob and Elmo.. ya know, it's really an attractive salad to serve, and has a pretty rich flavour.
Enjoy all, and let me know what you think of it.
Made it last summer for a pool party and everyone went nutso, if that's any help :D

IamSam

Sass gave me her stamp of approval (at least as to appearance) so here it is:

Attachments

• tatersalad.jpg
    tatersalad.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 113