trivia 2/27

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
trivia 2/27
DID YOU KNOW...
Nobody knows where Mozart is buried !

1. Who shot Governor George Wallace ?
2. What actress links Shadowlands, Terms of Endearment, and Urban Cowboy ?
3. What was The Incredible Hulk's more "Human" name in the comic books ?
(Bonus; In the TV series ?)
4. What is the more popular name of Dvorak's 9th Symphony ?
5. When His adulterous relationship with model Donna Rice was exposed, this Presidential candidate was forced out of the running..........
6. Kenny Rogers landed on the country charts with a duet cover of Bob Seger's "We've got Tonight" ; name the lady who sang the duet with him ...
7. Who was the founder of the Soviet communist Party ?
8. Who Said That??
What Chicago Bears player said, "Well they call me Sweetness And I like to dance Runnin' the ball Is like makin romance
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The Pacific ocean encompasses an area larger than all the earth's land masses put together.
1. Arthur Bremer
2. Debra Winger
3. Dr. Bruce Banner (Dr. David Banner)
4. New World symphony
5. Gary Hart
6. Sheena Easton
7. Vladimir Lenin
8. Walter Peyton
TRUTH !!
'nuff said!

Calicolady

'Mornin', lt.

#2 - okay
#4 - okay, but I don't like it. I do like his Concerto f/violin & orch. in A minor, Op. 53.
#7 - okay
Truth - lucky guess. Seemed reasonable.

Thanks. TGIF!

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
#4 - okay, but I don't like it. I do like his Concerto f/violin & orch. in A minor, Op. 53.
I'm partial to his "Pictures at an Exhibition", for piano only, the way he wrote it......the fully orchestrated version is okay, but it's not "His"..........

But most of all I'm a Vivaldi junkie !

Calicolady

I'm partial to his "Pictures at an Exhibition", for piano only, the way he wrote it......the fully orchestrated version is okay, but it's not "His"..........

But most of all I'm a Vivaldi junkie !

I'll have to check that out. I like Mugsorgsky's but it's too short! (LOL! like the King said to Mozart..."too many notes!" in the reverse)

buckytom

Grill Master
i missed #'s 1, 4, and 6 today.

i can hear our high school marching band playing "pictures at an exhibition" in my head as i write this.

it sounds totally different when you're standing between the low brass and the flutes.

as far a the pacific ocean, i figured that pangaea was fairly small, and the way it "broke" apart was greatly affected by the pacific plate.