Another suggestion...

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Personally, I think it would be more helpful when searching for recipes if the beef, pork, lamb, venison....was divided up with each having its own subsection.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sure sounds reasonable. I'll add this to do to my list.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Looks like Doc may be working on breaking the Dessert forum into sub forums - cool!

Lee

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
.....that's another item on my to do list. I have to download them off my camera yet. :pat:

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
One thing I always wondered is what the tags do for a thread? Some use them, some don't. Does it make it easier to do a search for the thread? Or does it help web searches find us?

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Yes, thanks. Doing the pastry arts section was my idea. Thanks doc and Jim for making it happen. I think it makes things much easier and I love the idea of separating out the different meats, fowl and fish. Any way we can become easier to search and look different is a win/win from my point of view.

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
Looks like Doc may be working on breaking the Dessert forum into sub forums - cool!

Lee

Yes, thanks. Doing the pastry arts section was my idea. Thanks doc and Jim for making it happen. I think it makes things much easier and I love the idea of separating out the different meats, fowl and fish. Any way we can become easier to search and look different is a win/win from my point of view.

The deserts forum is history! nothing in there but redirects to the new locations in subforums under Baking and Pastry Arts

If Doc will set up the new subforums you've suggested we can rearrange those too.

Jim

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Cool! I really appreciate your moving everything, Jim. I think we are going to have an awesome site by the time we are done with these categories.

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
So I suppose if I suggest simplifying things to meat, veggies, drink and BS..... that's a no go?

:yum:

It it were up to me there would be three sections, Things I like, Things I don't Like, and beer! :beer:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I need help with the meats catagory.

Mammal meats does not sound right. :yum: Any other ideas for a better title than "Meats"?

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter

Mammal meats does not sound right. :yum: Any other ideas for a better title than "Meats"?

The way I have seen it is the forum heading is meats, while the sub forums divide it out into things like lamb, beef, pork, poultry, etc. Not sure if that will work right.

Oh, and can't forget reptiles as meats!! LOL.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
One thing I always wondered is what the tags do for a thread? Some use them, some don't. Does it make it easier to do a search for the thread? Or does it help web searches find us?

It's for Google, Live, Ask and all of the other search engines. They use the tags as keywords.

Last edited:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter

Hunks Of Protein???? :yum:

I think Meats will work fine with the appropriate subs.