Saturday JEOPARDY

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Saturday JEOPARDY
JEOPARDY Comedies
1. ($400)- Jerry, Elaine George and Kramer signed off the network in this year...
2. ($1200)- The 80's put Lisa Bonet on the map as one of this comic's TV kids...
3. ($2000)- 1997 film concerning a cute dog, a gay artist, an earthy waitress and a really strange author...
Double JEOPARDY - Science and Nature
4. ($800)- Found in Eastern Australia and Tasmania, this mammal's scientific name means "Bird-Snout"...
5. ($2400)- The retina has about 75 to 150 million Rods and only about 7 million of these...
6. ($4000)- In digital watches, LCD stands for Liquid Crystal Display; LED stands for this...
Final JEOPARDY - Actors and their Films
The Title of Richard Burton's last feature film, or the year it was released...
1. what is 1998 ?
2. who is Bill Cosby ?
3. what is As Good as it Gets ?
4. what is the (Duck-Billed) Platypus ?
5. what are Cones ?
6. what is Light-Emitting Diode (acceptable: Liquid Element Display) ?
7. what is 1984 ?

buckytom

Grill Master
i missed #1, and knew #3 but couldn't remember the name of the movie.

so i got 2, 4, 5, and 6. and i missed final.

bonus question: of the rods and cones in your retina, which are stimulated by black and white (luminance), and which are by color (chrominance).

buckytom

Grill Master
yep. rods "see" white and black, cones see color.

ok, bonus bonus question: why do sailors and soldiers use red lights at night on their equipment?

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
because red light allows for seeing without affecting the dilation of the pupils, thus preserving "night" vision..

buckytom

Grill Master
it's not dilation, but rod and cone response. but you are correct about night vision, or adaptation!!!!

in the absence of light to reflect color, your rods are doing all of the work. they are much less receptive to red than to green, so by using red light, you don't mess up their dark adaptive qualities. it takes your eyes, probably actually your brain, about a half hour to 45 minutes to be able to adjust to low light.

we could go all day lt, lol.

i would love to challenge you and a few others here to a game of trivial pursuit. i may get my tail whipped, but it would be fun.

just no literature.