trivia 2/26

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
trivia 2/26
DID YOU KNOW...
The word "Checkmate" in chess comes from the Persian phrase "Shah Mat," which means, "the king is dead".

1. Which character was the only one to appear in every NYPD Blue episode ?
2. What pocket item must be manufactured by Victorinox or Wenger to be an "official" one ?
3. Name those Shorts;
It was a Warner Bros. animated cartoon series which ran in many movie theaters from 1930 to 1969, and was Warner Bros.'s first animated theatrical series.
(Bonus; what was Warner Brothers' second animated theatrical series?)
4. Definition (P);
n.~ 1. One who has the power and position to rule over others; monarch. 2. One who dominates or leads others in an endeavor or industry.
5. What's Cooking;
This thick stew is full of meats (usually pork, veal, beef, lamb and poultry) and vegetables (including potatoes, onions, cabbage, carrots, sweet green peppers, corn, okra, lima beans and celery). Early renditions were more often made with small game such as rabbit and squirrel. This dish is popular for large gatherings in America's southern states.
6. Do you recall the name of the fictional town that was the setting for Mamma's Family ?
(Hint; every business there is a variation of the town name.)
7. Who created Peter Rabbit ?
8. Who killed San Francisco Supervisor Harvey Milk and Mayor George Moscone ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
A becquerel is a unit of radiation.
1. Detective Andy Sipowicz (Dennis Franz)
2. Swiss Army Knife
3. Looney Tunes (Merry Melodies)
4. Potentate
5. Burgoo, also Kentucky Burgoo
6. Raytown
7. Beatrix Potter
8. Supervisor Dan White
TRUTH !!
The becquerel is named after Henri Becquerel, who shared the Nobel Prize with Pierre and Marie Curie for their work in discovering radioactivity.

Last edited:

Calicolady

#1 - okay I think he was the first to show his naked butt too!
I think he quilts and cooks in real life. Or one or the other.
#2 - okay.
#3 - okay. Now I can'tget the toon out of my head!
#7 - okay.

Thanks, lt.

Calicolady

Yes it was, and knew what he meant I guess, cause I got it correct! LOL!
The only person I remember on Hill St. was the guy who called everyone "dirtyball" but don't remember who he was.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Keep me honest, ladies and gents; sometimes the brain is out to lunch during the typing phase............fixing it

Last edited:

buckytom

Grill Master
man, i sucked eggs today.

i missed 4,5,6,7, 8, and truth.

i need to go put on a short sleeve shirt and a tie, and sweat when i eat. maybe that'll help.