What are you doing today?

Embryodad

Working in the garden today. I built a garden fence.

udnndUy.jpg

NR7YNx7.jpg

For the flower bed too:

Khzv66m.jpg

There will be my pumpkin/squash garden:

SY3uYiK.jpg

Compost beds (one at the right, other one left - not in the picture) with few fences around. Plus those frames, about 2 or 3. Maybe some flowers on the pots too.

Also I sow carrots and planted some onions. Tomorrow I will sow some sunflowers, if here isn´t rainy - like right now.
boy oh Boy! .... you really had your work cut out for you!
Great looking fence / garden area's !!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Great job, Saliha!

I hate having to fence in my plants, since it's more difficult to tend to them. But it sure keeps out pests, like woodchucks, who eat my plants!

What pests are eating your plants?

Lee

Saliha

Great job, Saliha!

I hate having to fence in my plants, since it's more difficult to tend to them. But it sure keeps out pests, like woodchucks, who eat my plants!

What pests are eating your plants?

Lee

Nothing will try to eat them but one small animal tries to dig holes everywhere.

:good:

We call it as "Santtu".

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Great job on the fence, Saliha.

It looks like it's going to rain :clap:. The grass will like that.

My hydrangea is blooming:

Hydrangea%202016.jpg

Confederate Jasmine is going crazy:

Confederate%20Jasmine%202016.jpg

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I'm waiting on a guy to come back and finish trimming shrubs. He came yesterday and severely cut but a big camelia shrub that was hitting the eaves of the house and did the shrubs along the driveway, but there is still a lot to be done. He said he'd finish today :whistle:.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I put out 24 more cf of mulch, almost done with mulch for the year :blob_blue:. I'm sure everyone but me has known about this little gadget for a long time:

I've been winding the cord around my arm, and it invariable gets all tangled up no matter how careful I am. It's the greatest little $10 gadget of all time, no more tangled electrical cord :) :) :).

Embryodad

Worked on the messy broken tub shower valve assembly.
Had to hook up a temporary shower using the lavatory sink, and some hose and jury rigged parts. I need a few days ripping the wall open to access the faucet valve assembly and piping. When they built this house in the 60's, they used the cheapest plumbing and actually set the tub over the outside overhang.

Tomorrow, I have my morning cut out to repair the central A/C .. Parts came today!
The kitchen and dining room are a different system; so we are not totally in the heat.

Gonna take my overdue shower, and relax.

Leni

I'm watching a huge fire near my home. I'm not in danger but all of the sky to the south is nothing but smoke. So far no homes lost but many damaged. The native plants here are adapted to dry conditions so there is a lot of oil in the them. It's very hot, up to 100 and thankfully no strong wind. Humidity is very low. We are hoping that the onshore flow from the ocean will bring in fog and bring down the temperatures and raise the humidity.

Embryodad

I'm watching a huge fire near my home. I'm not in danger but all of the sky to the south is nothing but smoke. So far no homes lost but many damaged. The native plants here are adapted to dry conditions so there is a lot of oil in the them. It's very hot, up to 100 and thankfully no strong wind. Humidity is very low. We are hoping that the onshore flow from the ocean will bring in fog and bring down the temperatures and raise the humidity.
Oh No Leni...

I didn't see it on the news yet, but you take care, and leave if you are requested to.
We'll be praying the humidity climbs to help matters.

Leni

Thanks for your concern but I well away from the flames. This morning we have two homes damaged and lost one commercial building. One fireman has slight injuries. The fire is at 400 acres and 30% contained. The Marine layer did help. The fire is in very rough terrain. We also have a fire in the wine country of Temecula.

Embryodad

Thanks for your concern but I well away from the flames. This morning we have two homes damaged and lost one commercial building. One fireman has slight injuries. The fire is at 400 acres and 30% contained. The Marine layer did help. The fire is in very rough terrain. We also have a fire in the wine country of Temecula.
I was watching it on your area local news channel on line. That is some roving fire.
I couldn't imagine how fast those trees flared up. Like they were soaked with Kerosene.

My God, I hope they contain it!

Leni

They should be able to contain it within a few days. The weather is much cooler and the Marine layer lasted until almost 11:00. That is fog and overcast that moves in at night from the ocean. It really drops the temperature and increases the humidity.

Yes, the trees and bushes go up like a torch. Like they were soaked with Kerosene. That's why it is so dangerous. As I said the plants are loaded with oil to prevent evaporation. People living in those areas are supposed to clear brush and grass away from their homes so that the fire can't burn right up against the home.

Embryodad

They should be able to contain it within a few days. The weather is much cooler and the Marine layer lasted until almost 11:00. That is fog and overcast that moves in at night from the ocean. It really drops the temperature and increases the humidity.

Yes, the trees and bushes go up like a torch. Like they were soaked with Kerosene. That's why it is so dangerous. As I said the plants are loaded with oil to prevent evaporation. People living in those areas are supposed to clear brush and grass away from their homes so that the fire can't burn right up against the home.
My son Jimmy is more in the rural wooded area. He is surrounded with those tall 60 foot or more long needle pine trees. They are mixed in with oak and maple etc.
He is forever raking piles of the dry needles that fall from the trees. He does that to prevent fuel close to his home.

Embryodad

Just finished cleaning the cats ( 3 ) poopy boxes.
past two days it rained, so today was a dry day for installing the repair parts on the central A/C unit.

It's not too too hot today. It's 78º now. Max for the day. Good!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
DW has pre-op testing this afternoon for her meniscus surgery on Thursday. Sure will be glad when she's back to normal. She's a grumpy bear when she can't take her walks every day. I get to play nursemaid for her until she can drive again. Please say a novena for me...she's not a good patient!:bonk::bonk:

Embryodad

DW has pre-op testing this afternoon for her meniscus surgery on Thursday. Sure will be glad when she's back to normal. She's a grumpy bear when she can't take her walks every day. I get to play nursemaid for her until she can drive again. Please say a novena for me...she's not a good patient!:bonk::bonk:
Hi Joe! It's me....Jimmy! I'm still alive! LOL

Tina and I will pray for you, and the wife.

Hope she mends quickly!

PS: I just went through the same stuff with the wife 3 months ago with her C O L O N surgery!

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Hope all goes well, JoeV. My husband hated it when I had to drive him to work after his surgery. I think it was an insult to his masculinity :confused:.

I went and picked up my new bike yesterday at Wal Mart. It took them about 45 minutes to assemble it, so I sat by the in/out door and took in some Wal Mart fashion tips :lol:.

I haven't ridden a bicycle in eons, so I'm still a little wobbly, okay a lot wobbly. I think I'm really going to like it once I relax a little. I've got a white basket but haven't put it on yet. Pretty good deal too...$180 regular price, sale price $100.

My%20New%20Ride.jpg

Embryodad

Hope all goes well, JoeV. My husband hated it when I had to drive him to work after his surgery. I think it was an insult to his masculinity :confused:.

I went and picked up my new bike yesterday at Wal Mart. It took them about 45 minutes to assemble it, so I sat by the in/out door and took in some Wal Mart fashion tips :lol:.

I haven't ridden a bicycle in eons, so I'm still a little wobbly, okay a lot wobbly. I think I'm really going to like it once I relax a little. I've got a white basket but haven't put it on yet. Pretty good deal too...$180 regular price, sale price $100.

My%20New%20Ride.jpg
Wow! ,,,, neat bike cooksie!
Looks like a single speed; which is usually less trouble free than the three speed or 6 speed ones.
My brother and I had only one bike we shared. It was a single speed "Huffy"
A lot of fights over who was to ride it next, and who had it all day...etc. etc.

Tina had one when she was a kid that she got for christmas from the salvation army.
Her uncle fixed it, and painted it khacki color, like she was in the army.
She had a wooden basket tied with twine to hold it on the handle bars.
She cried when she lost it in the flood.

Embryodad

Whilst I'm here....let's see...
Cleaned out the poopy boxes. Put the garbage out for tomorrow pick-up.

Paid some bills...Grrrrrrrr!!..... Now I'm helping Tinamommy cut cheese for her lasagna creation. Trying to be quiet and shut my mouth whilst she puts the lasagna together.
I mentioned... ( "Did you put eggs in the ricotta?" ) and I got a hateful " Yesss!" answer.

Dear Dear Dear..... It could be worse.....but I held my tongue between my teeth.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Ha, Jimmy, if you were only second in line for the bike that's pretty good. I was fourth, so guess how much bike time I got.

I had to lower the seat and readjust the handle bars a little, riding like the wind now. Sorta like the wind :), still don't like to go too fast

Embryodad

Ha, Jimmy, if you were only second in line for the bike that's pretty good. I was fourth, so guess how much bike time I got.

I had to lower the seat and readjust the handle bars a little, riding like the wind now. Sorta like the wind :), still don't like to go too fast
At least it's your bike, and you don't have to share!

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Wow! ,,,, neat bike cooksie!
Looks like a single speed; which is usually less trouble free than the three speed or 6 speed ones.
My brother and I had only one bike we shared. It was a single speed "Huffy"
A lot of fights over who was to ride it next, and who had it all day...etc. etc.

Tina had one when she was a kid that she got for christmas from the salvation army.
Her uncle fixed it, and painted it khacki color, like she was in the army.
She had a wooden basket tied with twine to hold it on the handle bars.
She cried when she lost it in the flood.

I finally put on the basket. I used cable ties, and they worked pretty well.

After searching high and low, I ordered a new remote for my garage door opener. The description clearly said, "all you have to do is open it up and set nine switches to the configuration of the old one," "no climbing a ladder to reach the learn switch on the ceiling." Perfect - I don't do ladders :chicken:.

I got it yesterday, had my tiny set of screw drivers ready, opened it up, and the directions are for setting it with the thing on the ceiling. Dang! I went ahead and opened it up just to make they didn't just send the wrong directions, no such luck. They sent me the wrong one.

Johnny West

I hit the commissary today after not shopping there for two months. I'm so out of shape and had to stop and sit on a bench for a breather before checking out. An old soldier sat down with me and we had a nice chat. Afterwards went to PX and bought wine on sale and by the end of that I was pooped. I did get a 15 minute nap. :neutral:

I only have two PT sessions left and will have to start mall walking very soon.

Johnny West

I did my last PT today and will miss the leg massage and electric ice/pressure machine.

I'll fix dinner and time to get back in the rotation.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I had a coupon for a free multi-point check-up for my car, so I finally went and used it yesterday. It expired at the end of June, so of course, I waited until almost the last day. The technician was so nice. I feel bad now that I referred to them as The Stealer.

I'm not doing much today, but I do plan on a ride on my bicycle.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I had a guy out this morning to install a ceiling fan on my patio. It just moves around hot air, which is better than stagnant hot air, but everything little thing helps helps here in this heat hell hole :).

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I had a guy out this morning to install a ceiling fan on my patio. It just moves around hot air, which is better than stagnant hot air, but everything little thing helps helps here in this heat hell hole :).

Cooksie, we don't have misters around here, so I've never experienced one. I love the concept, however.

Do you know if they are expensive?

Lee