3 New Forums, which will have the most threads this time next year?

Which new forum will have the most posts one year from today?

• Cooking For One Forum

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Frugal Eats Forum

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • Health Food Forum

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm on a new forum roll.
Today I've added three forums.
Cooking for One
Frugal Eats
&
The Health Food Forum

Which new forum will have the most posts one year from today?

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Moved this thread to the NCT Info Forum as it fit better there.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
I picked frugal eats, because it can encompass the other two.

By that I mean that if you are cooking for one and need to save $$, which forum to look in / post becomes a question. As I think of it OAMC can qualify as frugal (Cooking in quantity to save time and $$) which would lso put it in frugal eats.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I voted for Frugal although I wish it would be the health food forum. People will always be frugal if that is their nature, but unless you were raised with a healthful diet, most people can only maintain that kind of change for about a month.:picnic:

Carolina Cooking

I picked Frugal.

Even tho I should eat healthy, & really try to, I find it hard to do sometimes , due to living within my means. I am now retired . I can't run amuck in the food store like I used to. lol I gave no thought to a budget. I just pushed the cart & filled it with whatever I wanted. I can't do not anymore .

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
ya' know, I hate to be such a pita, but methinks the one singular main totally over-riding issue with "eat healthy" is to ditch all the prepared foods/dishes with all the sugar, salt and chemicals/ingredients you can't pronounce.

being an real old time organic gardener, I have rather unhappy issues with today's ("legal") definition of organic. but "government defined pseudo organic" is not completely wrong. so if you've got a local trustworthy source of 'real' organic stuff, go for it; lacking that, pick store organic for your veggies when it works for you.

we have a local Mennonite family that does organic produce. they have had "local" tomatoes that are out of this world for 3-4 weeks. the tom. plants were set in hoop houses in January, in PA. go figger, I can't; they've got an expertise I can only drool over. I struggle to get a red tomato in July, early May these folks got it down pat - and less expensive that the wooden red things passed off in the supermarket as "vine ripened tomato"

they also have local strawberries, asparagus, lettuce - sheesh, my bib drooleth over.....

Biskit

I voted for Frugal Eats. Reason being that many of us are working-class people without a lot of extra cash to toss around on expensive ingredients, or, want to find out how to stretch a buck.

Hey, we're all looking for more bang for the buck(ey tom) :doh: Did I do that? :pat:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I have to admit, I was hoping for a closer vote so voters for each forum voter would have a reason to post more in that forum to get it ahead. Come on guys, the other forums are good addtions to. Lets hear it for Cooking for One and The Health Food Forum. We need em all. :clap: :clap: :clap: (I need a cheerleader smilie :yum: :hide2: :yum:)

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Oh gee! I think my vote was misunderstood. Personally, I'm the least interested in the Frugal Eats forum. Since we limit ourselves to only 4-5 ounces of protein, I don't save much money by buying hamburger instead of steak.

I am much more interested in the Cooking for 1 or 2 or in the Healthy Eating. I voted that I think Frugal will get more posts.

I voted for Frugal, as the question was "Which new forum will have the most posts one year from today?" Personally, I'm interested in more Healthy posts/threads/recipe ideas. Hope that makes sense.

Leni

I voted for cooking for one because there are so many people out there that are by themselves or with just one other person. Most recipes are for four or more.

QuirkyCookery

It looks like Frugal Eats is winning currently, but ya know, I bet the healthy eating forum will get a ton once people start using it as a dieting resource, too. Hmm.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I have to admit, I was hoping for a closer vote so voters for each forum voter would have a reason to post more in that forum to get it ahead. Come on guys, the other forums are good addtions to. Lets hear it for Cooking for One and The Health Food Forum. We need em all. :clap: :clap: :clap: (I need a cheerleader smilie :yum: :hide2: :yum:)
cheerleader.gif

party_10.gif

LOL

Carolina Cooking

I need all 3. But could only vote once.

I think they all will be here in a year . Doing just great.

I hope to be posting in Cooking for One a lot. I don't see that changing :brows:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I guess I am the only one who voted for Healthy. My mom raised me on healthy/organic foods and when she could afford it she would shop at health food stores. She also had a garden each year and grew herbs on the window sills. I try to serve healthy meals.

Sass beat me to it but here is another one Doc.

Cheerleader.gif

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Technically, 90% of everything I've ever posted here could be moved to the Cooking for One or Two forum. I only cook for two, and all my posts are scaled for just two.

JackieBlue

Banned
Health food forum for me. I'm always looking for different ways to continue to eat/cook healthy but still have taste in the food. At least I'm hoping that's the forum with the most posts.:chef:

loboloco

I had to vote for frugal. Healthy is normal for me as I prefer home raised veggies and locally procured meat to what I get in the store. Cooking for one doesn't work well either as I always cook for two or three meals at a time.