Knee Angst

Johnny West

I just got a call from ortho and they said my surgery date will be June 27th! I explained to her that would not work - after a heated discussion on my part she has me set up to see the surgeon (she didn't even know that I haven't seen him yet) on 29 April. I'm so pissed.... :furious:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
John, I hope you get all this sorted out soon.
I know what you went through after your last knee surgery.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I just got a call from ortho and they said my surgery date will be June 27th! I explained to her that would not work - after a heated discussion on my part she has me set up to see the surgeon (she didn't even know that I haven't seen him yet) on 29 April. I'm so pissed.... :furious:

I don't blame you. It may take another heated discussion, hope not, but it might.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
What would have happened if you had just shown up to be operated on, on the 27th?

Be nice if the doctor would say, "Well, hey, now that you're here, let's just go ahead and do this thing".

Lee

Johnny West

What would have happened if you had just shown up to be operated on, on the 27th?

Be nice if the doctor would say, "Well, hey, now that you're here, let's just go ahead and do this thing".

Lee

One, simply, does not walk into Mordor. There is paper work to sign, consult with anesthesia, be off ASA/nsaids for 5 days and wash the leg with special santiizing pads before reporting. I am on my last nerve, though.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
One, simply, does not walk into Mordor. There is paper work to sign, consult with anesthesia, be off ASA/nsaids for 5 days and wash the leg with special santiizing pads before reporting. I am on my last nerve, though.

We are pulling for ya, John!

Lee

Leni

They say that patience is a virtue but it helps if someone listens to what you have to say.

I ran into the same kind of thing when I filed for Social Security. The lady kept insisting that I would get only 1/2 of the amount that I was entitled to because I worked for a government agency and did not pay into the program. I could not get across to her the idea that I had paid my entire working life including my State service

Johnny West

I know of what you speak. My father had Federal jobs his whole life so he got the same retirement postal types got. It was a good package.

I'm patient but this is past my limit.

Johnny West

I had an appoinment this morning with the orthopedic surgeon and as soon as he saw me he put me on as the last case on Tuesday. I'm on the cusp for a total knee and will know when I wake up. I spent about half the day at hospital doing paperwork, x-rays, and blood work again. Monday I'll go in and clear anesthesia and I should be ready. I did a lot of walking today and can bearly move this evening. I've cooked my last meal for awhile, that's for sure.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wow, so Tuesday is the big day?? GREAT!

Keep us as posted as you can, John!

Lee

Johnny West

I will when I get out, hopefully by Saturday. The last time I was in a week and I'm much more debilitated with this knee. The past two days I spent a lot of time on my feet and an feeling it at night.

JW

Johnny West

I got all my pre-op done and had a friend available to push me around hospital in a wheel chair which saved me a lot of pain and stress. I call at 2 pm for a tee time.

I've got a lot to do, little things, and sure could use a reinemachefrau.

Johnny West

I got discharged last night, had paperwork to sign, meds delivered, and made it home by 10 and was asleep before 11.

I iced knee, took meds, slept good put pain from tossing and turning woke me a few times. I walked to bathroom to pee this morning and it hurt, as it should, but not like I remember before. I'm keeping the knee elevated to minimise swelling but even that hurts for awhile. I took meds and will take rest when I get organized and up. I also did all the exercises and the heel slide went well as can be expected. The heel slide is not as bad as before and could do his minimum with no problem and little pain. He doesn't want that overdone as to not break the sutures. He doesn't use staples, but dissolvable sutures. When I go back in 2 weeks I'll get steri strips. I'll lay here for awhile, try to organize, then go down for coffee and walk around the house with walker. I'll take a shower tonight when the mrs gets home. BTW, he said once I'm going well with knee we will address the hips and get x-rays.

Johnny West

I had first PT appointment today and it went well. I'll have to work on posture and to not try and over-do things like the athlete in me wants to.

Johnny West

I'm going slow and steady and got quite a bit done today. Yesterday I had a 2 hour church meeting in the AM then PT in the afternoon and it kicked my butt. I'm chuffed I feel so good right now.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good news, John!

I'm chuffed that you're chuffed! ;-)

Lee

Johnny West

I saw the surgeon this morning, he was quite pleased with my progress and don't have to go back till next year. I had x-rays first and he showed them to me before and after and must say they do wonderful work.

Now to deal with this hernia. It's always something. :sad: