What's for Dinner Wednesday, April 14?

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
I'm cooking tuna steaks for the first time ever. I guess I need to start hunting down recipes! LOL!

K

Kimchee

A peck of steamed oysters!
At least TWO "Screaming Roosters": saltine cracker, raw oyster, slice of Jalapeno,
1/4 inch layer of seriously hot horseradish, lots of cracked pepper and liberal amounts
of hot sauce... served in quantities of 3, eat them all get a Tshirt!
(The record at the restaurant is like 39 in 30 minutes, wow)
And maybe a side of Oysters Rockefeller too.
And a glass of Scotch.

(we are FINALLY closing on the House That Would Not Sell, and in celebration of that,
and in memorial to my oyster-loving Dad, we are celebrating at the local oyster house.
The glass of Scotch is for Dad.)

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congrats SilverSage, you are the lucky one to be entered into the win a NCT Apron contest for today's What's for Dinner thread. Good job. :thumb: :tiphat:

At this point I have no idea what's for dinner. DW has an appointment to get her nails done so I have a feeling we'll be eating out tonight.

Congrats to you Kimchee! :dancing: :thewave: That's cause for celebration for sure. The glass of scotch for your dad is a nice touch. :thumb:

Newnork1978

Today is day 50 of my Gestational Diabetes diet. Though I'm getting used to it, and I feel I'm finally getting the hang of it, I am patiently looking forward to the freedom I will have after our daughter is born. I know I haven't fully explored all the possible meals I CAN eat - opting, instead, to keep to the same things (basically) in order to avoid many "mistakes". :glare:

With that said...it looks like we'll be having tried-and-true chicken breasts (boneless/skinless) tonight. How, and with what, is still yet to be determined. :chef:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
there's chix thawed so a dinner using that. creamed chix or a stew.
my other 'dinner' was @ 8:30-ish in the morning. i fried shallot-crusted fluke that the other person @ my work-table prepped. i made fingerlings of various colors, boiled, sliced in half, some olive oil, salt/pepper, chives. i also made an emulsified truffle & caviar vinagrette. another person made cauliflower puree. eh.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
i fried shallot-crusted fluke that the other person @ my work-table prepped. i made fingerlings of various colors, boiled, sliced in half, some olive oil, salt/pepper, chives. i also made an emulsified truffle & caviar vinagrette. another person made cauliflower puree. eh.
That sounds divine, luvs. I am drooling. I sure wish they would let you take pics at school. Can you describe roughly how to make the shallot-crusted fluke?

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
thank's fm! we're allowed to take pics. i keep my camera in my bookbag, i'll take a few snapshots after plating so jake can post them for ya.
other than the cauliflower, the food was great! that cauliflower was too runny. i made that yesterday & that i oversalted.
for the fluke- onion (we used onion, rather than shallot. my oops!) very thinly on the mandoline, soak in buttermilk for a few. drain. dredge in flour, shake excess from them. cut flatfish into portions, season them, dredge presention-side of fish, then in eggwash. place onion on dredged half. fry onion-side 1st, when golden-brown, turn & cook other half for a few seconds. :)

Last edited:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Oh, I can't wait, luvs. I love fingerling potatoes and I'll bet the different colors look gorgeous on the plate.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
A bottle of Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout
A Vodka Mart
Wisconsin Brats on the grill then simmered in onions and beer
Baked beans

Edit: maybe a Miller Lite for dessert

Last edited:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
they were appetizing. there was gonna be asparagus tips/peppers roasted together, my table-mate way overcooked them. Chef said they belong in the trash. so that's where they went!

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
Grilled ahi tuna steak with garlic dill sauce, spinach salad with Dijon vinaigrette, Roma tomatoes...

img0520y.jpg

The marinade was olive oil, sesame oil, lemon juice, lime juice, fresh grated ginger, minced garlic, and salt.

The sauce was equal parts sour cream and mayonnaise, dill, and garlic powder.

The salad dressing was olive oil, rice vinegar, a dollop of Dijon mustard, and black pepper.

vyapti

Black beans & rice with cilantro pesto topped with tomato, avocado and cilantro and a few dolobs of poblano cheeze sauce. I'll use the leftovers for taco filling tomorrow.

GotGarlic

We went out to dinner with friends last night, to a seafood place. I had a side salad, seared tuna, and a side of the most divine mac 'n cheese MMMMMMMMMMMMM

buckytom

Grill Master
i had to go to a friend's house at dinnertime last night, so i ended up getting a "protein salad" from a local steak and chop place on the way home. it's a basic salad with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and olives in vinegar and oo, topped with swiss cheese, thin sliced herbed pork loin, and a thin slice of rib steak. garlic bread on the side.