What's For Dinner (Friday, April 9, 2010)

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congrats Lifesaver! You are now entered in the win A NCT apron contest. Your lucky number is 9. :D Good luck!!!!

Newnork1978

:glare: Hey wait a minute...I can't have Lasagna OR Pizza right now (even though both sound awesome). Now I've gotta try to come up with a satisfactory dinner, despite my diet limitations. Thanks folks! Hee-hee! :wink:

lilylove

I have chicken thighs thawing... I'm thinking oven fried sounds good. BUT, dinner is hours away and I might come up with another plan before then.

We will have some acorn squash with it for sure and maybe some sliced raw veggies.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
my plans have changed as well;
The Warden doesn't want lasagna, but she wants pasta.....go figger !

so, my NEW plans is shrimp and mussels in a vodka sauce, with a marinated mozzarella / cherry tomato / sliced Jalapeno / sumiri salad
Film at eleven !

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
I watched one of Rachel Ray's programs a couple of weeks ago and she had a young boy of about 12 helping her make a dish called, Tacosagna. It looked and sounded really delicious.

Newnork1978

I'm leaning toward Turkey Burgers tonight...I should get some fixin's for the burgers (among other things) from the store before then. :wink:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Veggie lasagna :)

2010-04-09 15-10-57.870.jpg

SilverSage

Resident Crone
It was cheat night! I got in to the airport about 2 a.m., and by the time I got home and to bed, it was 3:30. I was so over-tired that I slept fitfully. So my favorite 'cheat' is frozen ravioli.

However, I do open a container of my own homemade marinara (frozen, too). Lay a bed of sauce in the bowl, add ravioli and top with some more sauce. Top with a grating of fresh parmigiano reggiano, a chiffonade of fresh basil and fresh ground pepper. (Did I use enough fancy words to make it sound like I cooked a gourmet meal? Huh? Maybe we can start a thread to make our quick and easy pre-packaged stuff sound like something special!:chef:)

Threw a loaf of bakery sourdough bread (also from the freezer) in the oven to crisp the crust while the sauce heats. Looks like I spent all day making a homecooked meal!

Attachments

• ravioli 001.jpg
    ravioli 001.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:

Newnork1978

Change of plans...DH is working some over-time this evening, so we're fending for ourselves. I'm having some Healthy Choice Chicken Noodle Soup. :wink:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
:yum::yum::yum: I am so happy you posted your dinner tonight, SS! I love frozen ravioli and I think it's one of the easiest, best-tasting, cheat dinners ever. With hot bread and maybe a little salad, it's fantastic. I love that you chiffonade basil on top - I will be doing that from now on. It looks so lovely.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Looks really good Sass and SS! We had meatloaf, hash brown potatoes, green beans and a lemon icebox pie is in the fridge getting cold!

Attachments

• dinner4910.jpg
    dinner4910.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 129
  • lemoniceboxpie.jpg
    lemoniceboxpie.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 150

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Sure! There's nothing to the recipe. Whip 2 (8-ounce) packages of cream cheese until fluffy, add 1 can of sweetened condensed milk (Eagle Brand), the zest and juice from 3 lemons. Whip until fluffy. Pour into a graham cracker crust and chill. That's all there is to it and it is soooo good!

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
my plans have changed as well;
The Warden doesn't want lasagna, but she wants pasta.....go figger !

so, my NEW plans is shrimp and mussels in a vodka sauce, with a marinated mozzarella / cherry tomato / sliced Jalapeno / surimi salad
Film at eleven !

Dinner came out great ; unfortunately, you can see why this is my OLD camera...............

marinated mozzarella / cherry tomato / sliced Jalapeno / surimi salad...

Oxtails003.jpg

hard to tell, but this is shrimp and mussels in a vodka sauce over Angel Hair pasta

Oxtails008.jpg

Last edited:
We got home late last night from a movie (didn't feel like eating out), so just had some Habenero Pepper/Monterey Jack Cheese flavored chicken sausages on toasted top-split hot dog rolls with various trimmings (sauerkraut, mustard, spicy ketchup, relish, cheese, etc., etc.).

Stopped into my asian bbq place. The ducks were staring me in the face, but didn't have time to go to the adjacent market for the mushrooms etc for the duck dumplings. So... I took out a shrimp, tomato & onion dish with a bird's nest-looking noodle. She had packed the brothy shrimp separately from the crispy noodle (language barrier). When I got home, I poured the shrimps, veggie broth over the noodles. It was good, but next time I'll get the Chow Fun. Also took out a duck & noodle dish. Will probably have that today.

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
Everyones meal looks so wonderful.

Sass, I love vegetable lasagna but usually make it with tomato sauce. What kind of sauce are you using? It looks really interesting.

attachment.php

For our supper, we had hamburger steak, macaroni and cheese and asparagus.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Sass, I love vegetable lasagna but usually make it with tomato sauce. What kind of sauce are you using? It looks really interesting.
It's a bechamel sauce.

3T butter
1/4 c flour
3 c milk
1 c parmesan cheese
pinch of nutmeg

Melt butter, whisk in the flour, add the milk slowing to boiling, remove from heat and stir in the cheese and nutmeg.

UnConundrum

Gold Site Supporter
I was baking bread today in the WFO. Since I had it fired up, I did some chicken halves on top of a sprig of rosemary, a couple slices of garlic, and a half dozen dried apricots.

Attachments

• P1050263.JPG
    P1050263.JPG
    146.2 KB · Views: 58