Movies You Watched

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
I always liked this thread, so I'm gonna fire it up over here!

Last night I watched two rather strange movies...

Funny Games - that was a trippy movie.:shock:
Diary of the Dead - yet another odd movie that does not seem to be the run of the mill horro flicks.

chowhound

I just saw that within the last few months, Trish. Good movie. Better than Crusoe, though I liked that, too. I like those stranded kind of movies. Lord of the Flies....

lilylove

I just re-read Lord of the Flies last year... SCARY book!!! I haven't seen the movie and I'm not sure if I want to. I'm a big chicken!!

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Re watched:

Almost Famous
Funny Games (truly freaky movie)
Grind House... all time fav!

chowhound

Sattie, I got The Ruins in this week, just need to find some time when I'm not so whooped from snowblowing to watch it. Lately TV has been putting me right to sleep.
Maybe tonight.

FooD

I enjoyed August Rush. I cried watching this film. My wife thought that was funny....me crying.

Calicolady

I'm watching 'The Insider' with Al Pacino.

I'll watch anything with Al Pacino. Again, and again, and again, and....................................

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Tropic Thunder was a huge disappointment!!

I did like the ruins, pretty good movie.

Just finished Babel, I thought it was a well written movie, but kinda weird in places and slightly disjointed.

Next up is Hancock.

heb1976

I got the Black Knight and August Rush for tonights movies.

August Rush was fantastic! Loved it! The boy in it is going to be an awesome actor when he grows up.

We saw Dark Night tonight. I am not big on comic book type movies. It was good, and not to shame his name ... but I do not believe it was Oscar quality for Heath. He was much better in A Knight's Tale. I think they are doing him a disservice giving him an Oscar - seems more out of sympathy. And trust me ... I loved the guy!

Watched Mirrors the other day with Keifer Sutherland. Yet again, disappointed with a scary movie. I swear ... will I ever agian be spooked? Hubby tried watching it with me, that is a big surprise - but left after 20 minutes because it was too intense. He is my sissy man! LOL

Saw Tropic Thunder about a week ago. I have no comment on it ... I hate slap stick humor movies.

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
August Rush was fantastic! Loved it! The boy in it is going to be an awesome actor when he grows up.

We saw Dark Night tonight. I am not big on comic book type movies. It was good, and not to shame his name ... but I do not believe it was Oscar quality for Heath. He was much better in A Knight's Tale. I think they are doing him a disservice giving him an Oscar - seems more out of sympathy. And trust me ... I loved the guy!

Watched Mirrors the other day with Keifer Sutherland. Yet again, disappointed with a scary movie. I swear ... will I ever agian be spooked? Hubby tried watching it with me, that is a big surprise - but left after 20 minutes because it was too intense. He is my sissy man! LOL

Saw Tropic Thunder about a week ago. I have no comment on it ... I hate slap stick humor movies.

I love A Knight's Tale!!! One of my favs!

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
You really bring up a great point on 'scary' movies. They SUCK!

I havent seen a good one in a very long time and I thing Ive given up.

Does anyone have suggestions for them that were made in the last 2 years? :unsure:

heb1976

Does anyone have suggestions for them that were made in the last 2 years? :unsure:

Ya know ... there was one that was good ... not really scarey, but good. I rented it 3x before finally watching it because it was made my Disney so I didn't have high hopes. Dark Water with Jennifer Connely. It was really good.

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
Ya know ... there was one that was good ... not really scarey, but good. I rented it 3x before finally watching it because it was made my Disney so I didn't have high hopes. Dark Water with Jennifer Connely. It was really good.

Ok Dark Water.

Ever see The Pledge?