🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Ah a typo commonly know as paprika, must be having a blond moment. :whistling:
0074fe4d.gif
:yum:

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
I finally found this in the grocery store this morning - I got so excited! Now I need to figure out what to use it for...:blush:

buckytom

Grill Master
Ingredients as listed on the bottle and in order for the Original salt is as follows:

Niacin
Iron
Thiamin

i'll bet these are added so they can clain some sort of nutritional info, as well as their culinary properties, as in bitterness and moisture (or lack thereof).

but thinking about it, it's freakin' genius. just extracting the meaty, smokey, sweet flavors, then adding them to salt which is one of the primarily sensed tastes.

and i am definitely going to look for this stuff. thanks susan and joe. (lol, every time i read your name i pronounce jo-see. or josie. i doesn't seem to fit, but then, in a twisted sorta way...)

joec

Gold Site Supporter
i'll bet these are added so they can clain some sort of nutritional info, as well as their culinary properties, as in bitterness and moisture (or lack thereof).

but thinking about it, it's freakin' genius. just extracting the meaty, smokey, sweet flavors, then adding them to salt which is one of the primarily sensed tastes.

and i am definitely going to look for this stuff. thanks susan and joe. (lol, every time i read your name i pronounce jo-see. or josie. i doesn't seem to fit, but then, in a twisted sorta way...)

I stopped along time ago just signing on as Joe since it seems to be taken. My whole name is Joe Cilinceon but then not a big deal unless you look me up in Google for example. :dizzy:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter

You must try it! It is awesome! :thumb:

2uequk2.jpg

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
And joec is a pussycat, so it fits! Just don't let him know that his secret is out. Shhhhhhhh

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I finally found this in the grocery store this morning - I got so excited! Now I need to figure out what to use it for...:blush:

It is good any where you want a bacon accent. I've used it on vegetables, deviled eggs, etc just to name a couple of places. I love the pepper and the hickory flavors the best but it really depends on what I'm using it with.

Peggy

Wow, I've never seen that! I have to find it, would love to try it! Is it very salty as to where you should't use very much regular salt with it?

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
i am munching on these sunflower seeds with bacon salt already added!! found them in PA at a Loves

bacon-sunflowerseeds.jpg

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Now there is something I wouldn't of thought of sun flower seeds with bacon salt. I bet they are good too.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
I thought the same thing as long as they aren't too salty. I would mix unsalted ones in and shake them together.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Now those are some strange combo lilbopeep, I think I might sneak up on some of them though.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Now those are some strange combo lilbopeep, I think I might sneak up on some of them though.
ummmmmmmmm i wouldn't mind sneaking up on a pickle!! ummmmmmm hmmmmmmmmm i do like to suck ................. ummmmmmmmm i better stop now. i think you know what i mean? if not slap yourself!! LOL

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
When I got home from the gym this morning I was thirsty and looking for vitamins. I came up with the goofy idea of adding bacon salt to tomato juice. You know what? It was pretty good. I'll do it again tomorrow. :blush:

Attachments

• SDC13247.JPG
    SDC13247.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 137

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yum, I'd try that!

Except, a) I'd be undoing my effort to be healthier with low-sodium V-8 and, b) I have every salt known to man EXCEPT for bacon salt.

Lee