Stuffed Mushrooms
Caesar salad
Garlic bread

Eye round roast
Burgundy gravy
Mashed potatoes w/sour cream and chives
Baby spinach
Carrots

Mini Dutch Apple Pie and Mini Lattice top Apple Pie (4 of each)
Whipped cream

2015 New Year's Eve/Day Menu

Cold cuts
Rolls

Blue cheese dip
Onion dip
Bean Salad
Olive salad
Salsa
Macaroni Salad
Guacamole
Wise plain potato chips
Wise Sour cream and onion chips
Tortilla chips
Doritos

Cheesecake
Cherry Topping

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Geez, what great planning, Peep!

All the menus are wonderful!

We're having my Polish family's traditional Christmas Eve dinner earlier in the week - mushroom borscht, golumpki and pierogi (cheese and kraut). I made the golumpki today, will make the pierogi tomorrow and will freeze both. I have the broth for the borscht in the freezer - just have to add mushrooms and pickle juice.

We're having prime rib, baked potatoes, green beans, maybe popovers on Christmas Day.

I don't know about New Year's ... I like YOUR menu!

Lee

Saliha

Your ones sounds interesting. Mine will be partly traditional Finnish (baked ham, carrot casserole, rutabaga casserole, liver casserole, beetroot salad, home-brewed beer) and partly some my specialities like pike-salmon loaf, tuna-shrimp mousse and few different kind of cakes (fruit cake, maybe also date cake), cookies, homemade malt bread, vegetable plate and fish plate (slightly salted salmon, dill herring with pickled onions).

A lot of work but :readytoeat: yummy times.

Johnny West

I'm wanting to go to Saliha's home!!! It reminds me it's time to go to Ikea for the smorgasbord. I love all the different herring and can't get enough.

Christmas dinner is at my oldest son's house and will be a big potluck with all their friend's. I'll take 4 or 5 pies depending on how I feel. I don't want to sound like Scrooge. :twak:

New Years Eve is a big seafood night and have friend's coming for that.

Johnny West

I'd have some of your pike/salmon loaf and the liver casserole, too. One of my favorite herring was the fried and pickled one I used to get in Germany. Around here all one can get is is wine sauce or sour cream.

Saliha

My the Christmas Eve dinner:

3r85GY5.jpg

v2fQpFj.jpg

The fish plate: raw salted salmon, smoked fish salad, rainbow trout balls, pickle slices, herring.

rLpeUFu.jpg

Tuna shrimp mousse

7Td5Qt6.jpg

Vegetable plate

IvtzuUL.jpg

Carrot casserole

qOctN2r.jpg

Rutabaga casserole

pt88QYr.jpg

Liver casserole

SG8Ow7P.jpg

Left corner: beetroot salad, Right corner: potato casserole

And for the dessert:
TnqJgi6.jpg

Plum and apple marmalade filled pastries

Yep, I am full now.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Everything is so beautifully presented, Saliha! You, your father and your mother? They must be so proud of you!

I thought the rutabaga and carrots were mixed in one casserole - maybe after the holidays you could post recipes for each in their own threads?

Lee

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
We've gone all out and having prime rib today. A first for us for the holiday. It's a 9 pound 5 rib piece
Here's a pic of it being seared before going in the oven.

Attachments

• PrimeRibBeingSeared.jpg
    PrimeRibBeingSeared.jpg
    516.7 KB · Views: 185