Food Network Phrases

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Have you ever noticed that a majority of the cooks have their own little annoying phrases that they use over and over and over and over. For example:

Ina Garten - How easy is that?! How fun is that?! Perfect.
Giada DeLaurentiis - Form that nice crust. Ahhhhh. Yum! Perfect.
Ree Drummond - I'll just add this. I'll just stir this. I'll just pour this. Perfect.
Bobby Flay - Nice! Perfect.
Rachael Ray - Hey guys. Alright guys. It's so cute! Full of nutrition.
Anne Burrell - Hey cuties! Come here dahling. Big, bold (in her Kermit voice)

Just wondering if I'm the only one :whistling:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Although it's been awhile since I've watched cooking shows, I deeply empathize with your annoyance at hackneyed expressions, RM - I have a very long list of words and phrases that aggravate the hell out of me!

Every remotely Italian word out of Giada's mouth annoys me, while Bobby Flay could speak my whole hated-word list and I'd still love him!

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Every remotely Italian word out of Giada's mouth annoys me
Lee

http://teamcoco.com/video/giada-de-laurentiis-italian

Another huge over-enunciator from the Food Network is Giada De Laurentiis, who, without a trace of an Italian accent, suddenly goes full-bore Italian when she says spaghetti, or the name of any other Italian food. She feigns annoyance at Alton Brown's "mispronouncing" of the word, and corrects him on it, although she seems hard-pressed to pronounce it the same way twice, and as far as I can tell, has a fake as all-get-out Italian accent and sounds just like an American snob trying to feign cultural knowledge. Speegheeetee anyone?
http://www.culinarylore.com/food-history:overpronouncing-borrowed-food-words

Shermie

Site Supporter
Well, BAM, BAM,BAM!!!

That was Emeril Lagasse when he used to do Emeril Live. I LOVED watching that show!!

Rachael Ray also, at times, says Yum-O & Delish!

Aaron McCargo Jr. used the line; "Whoooee!"

The one that really gets under my skin is Alton Brown, especially when he does Iron Chef America! I got so sick to death of him constantly repeating this exasperating line; "Gosh darn it"!!! And then listening to him even talk through that show was sickening in & of itself!!

Paula Deen used the lines; "Hey, y'all & Let's git to cookin', y'al!!"

On Down Home with the Neelys, Gina used to say; "And when we meet honey, it was love at first sight!!"

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Have you ever noticed that a majority of the cooks have their own little annoying phrases that they use over and over and over and over. For example:

Ina Garten - How easy is that?! How fun is that?! Perfect.
Giada DeLaurentiis - Form that nice crust. Ahhhhh. Yum! Perfect.
Ree Drummond - I'll just add this. I'll just stir this. I'll just pour this. Perfect.
Bobby Flay - Nice! Perfect.
Rachael Ray - Hey guys. Alright guys. It's so cute! Full of nutrition.
Anne Burrell - Hey cuties! Come here dahling. Big, bold (in her Kermit voice)

Just wondering if I'm the only one :whistling:

Anne Burrell - "So-oo !"
"Thank you for coming" (as she throws something into her refuse bin)