Salmon marinated in ginger ale

mhend

My husband makes a wonderful salmon dish that he soaks in ginger ale and various spices...he sears it and finishes it off in the oven then tops it with caramelized shredded carrots. It is phenomenal!! I will add pics and recipe details the next time he makes it.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Ooooh, I want this recipe, too. My husband loves salmon and the only way I have ever cooked it is in a foil "pouch" on the grill.

mhend

I may be having it tonight! Sent my husband an email hinting that I would really love to have that instead of a dinner out in a loud, crowded restaraunt for Mother's Day.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
You're gonna be such a great addition to NCT, mhend! Already sacrificing a dinner out just to get us a recipe. LOL

mhend

Fisher's Mom, I'm not that innocent. LOL. Right now, we are outside on the patio and I thought I would serve the kids some ice cream. It's a beautiful day, no matter if they make a mess out here right? Well, my son informs me that he has rubbed the ice cream all over his body so he needs to rinse off in the water hose. So now both of them are running and jumping full speed ahead into mudpuddles. After this clean-up job, there is NO WAY I am cooking. LOL!

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
LOL! I hear you, mhend. Trying to get all the kids presentable at the same time is a monumental task!

mhend

The salmon was delicious! As soon as the hubby gets back from putting our son to bed, I will post the recipe...got one pic, but it didn't turn out well. You will get the idea though when you see the recipe.

mhend

Well, it seems my husband fell asleep upstairs with my son...so hopefully I will post the recipe tomorrow. :)

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Awww, that's lovely, mhend. Some of my favorite pictures are of my husband asleep with one of the kids.

Ginger ale, you say? I've never heard of any soda product on sea food. Interesting! I've been browsing the forum for inspiration on a nice salmon dish and this seemed the most intriguing. Did you use a particular brand of soda? :)

mhend

Sorry guys. I keep running out of time. I WILL post the recipe today. I'm waiting for my husband to email me the recipe. It is his creation :)

K

Kimchee

Moooooommmmm!
IM HUNGRY! WHATS FOR DINNNERRRRRRRRRRRRR??????

CAN I HAVE GINGER MARINATED SALMON PLEASE????????????????

MAWWWWWWWWMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!

;) ;) ;)

mhend

Sorry for the delay...things have been crazy here with ballgames and getting the house show ready...here it is finally:

1 lb. Salmon, skin removed.
12 oz. can Buffalo Rock Ginger Ale (may only be available in Bama?)
1T. Garlic Powder
2t. Onion Powder
1T. Allspice
1t. Ginger
2t. Hot Sauce
1/2 C. Lime Juice
1/2 t. Sesame Oil
1/2 C. Soy Sauce
Match Stick Carrots

Mix all ingredients together and marinate the salmon for about an hour. Heat skillet on medium heat with a little olive oil and a few dashes of sesame oil. Sear the salmon for about 4-5 mins per side. Check for doneness. If it needs more time, finish in the oven at 350. When the salmon is finished, remove it from the skillet and add the carrots. Cook until they start to slightly carmelize. Use the carrots as a garnish on the salmon. It's usually served with a homemade fettucini alfredo...

Sometimes, my husband will add a little honey or a small amount of brown sugar to the marinade, but it's good with or without it.

Hope you enjoy! :)

High Cheese

Saucier
Sounds interesting.

I'm not picking up on the alfredo part though. I think I'd go with some sort of bright, crunchy Asian-style salad. Thanks for posting the recipe!

mhend

Sounds interesting.

I'm not picking up on the alfredo part though. I think I'd go with some sort of bright, crunchy Asian-style salad. Thanks for posting the recipe!

I agree with you about the Asian salad. Unfortunately, my husband doesn't do crunchy vegetables, so we go with pasta. LOL. It actually does taste very good.