Fresh garlic - slivered or shaved into thin slices
Mozzarella - block - cut into small slices
Water
Lemon juice
Salt

In a bowl mix the following to taste:

Plain bread crumbs
Grated Romano & Parmesan cheese
Dry herbs and spices - thyme, rosemary, oregano, parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, adobo seasoning powder, sea salt, ground black pepper (I use the 4 or 5 corn blend), red pepper flakes (I put mine in a grinder) - to taste -you may substitute fresh herbs and spices chopped fine
Fresh Basil - chopped fine

Olive oil

Clean artichokes by cutting off stems and sharp tips off the leaves. Boil in salted water with lemon juice (to prevent discoloration). (you can also microwave by putting in micro safe container with water, place foil ONLY over top of chokes so the microwaves can only cook from the bottom up - foil is safe so long as microwaves can hit some part of the food NEVER completely encase food or you get sparks. Microwave for about 7 - 10 minutes on high power). And cook till you can just pull a center leaf out easily with a tug. Remove from pot and run under cold water to cool and stop cooking. After cooled remove as much of the fuzzy stuff (the deadman or choke) as you can from the centers and rinse. Place a sliver of garlic and a sliver of each cheeses between each leaf of choke. In bowl mix crumbs, grated cheeses, herbs and spices to taste. After chokes are stuffed with cheese and garlic they will be "open" enough to just sprinkle crumb mixture over the top of chokes and it will fill in the leaves. Any extra crumb mixture can be used to fill in the center of artichoke. Place in a deep pan or pot with small amount of the salted water/lemon juice cooking liquid. Drizzle chokes with olive oil. Baste the top of each with the salted water/lemon juice from the pot. Cover and steam till leaves pull out easily and cheese is melted. (Microwave covered for about 5 - 7 minutes on medium power or until cheese is melted and leaves pull out easily.)

Before

stuffed_artichokes_06110_1.jpg

After

stuffed_artichokes_06110_2.jpg

Last edited:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Those look beautiful Peeps. Thanks for posting them. :applause:
thank you SS. These were done the shortcut way. LOL It was hot yesterday so not wanting to heat the house up with steaming water I did these completely in the microwave. I also didn't remove the "deadman" before stuffing them this time.

Heaven on a plate! That looks Fabulous, Peeps. Have you ever steamed artichokes in a slow cooker? I would like to give that a try. Thanks for sharing the pic/recipe. :thumb:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Thank you and you're welcome calicook!! no I have never done them in a slow cooker.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Nice job on those, Peep!

I love stuffed artichokes!

Lee