I ate Indian food for the first time!

chocolate moose

Super Site Supporter
I had a Groupon deal and we went last night. It was too spicy for me, even the mild dish I ordered, but it was fun and different.

Maybe I'll try to cook some at home, but with less spice. Does anyone make their own Indian food?

thanks

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I make several verities of Curry from shrimp to vegetable. They also make some stir fry dishes as well. Now for me I like the spice but true it isn't for everyone. But then I also grow the Ghost Pepper or also known as Bhut Jolokia, ghost pepper, ghost chili pepper, red naga chilli, and ghost chilli and where the world hottest pepper until the Trinidad Scorpion Moruga Blend was found in 2005. The Bhut Jolokia is 400x hotter than Tabasco sauce and 2x to 3x hotter than a Habinaro/Scotch Bonnet. However you drop these in the pot uncut and pull them out when done cooking. :eek:

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
We often make curries from scratch & usually at least halve the chilli as DW and eldest son do not like the heat. The best thing is to find a good cookbook - we use the Marks & Spencer Curry Bible. Madhur Jaffrey has also written some excellent curry cook books.

PanchoHambre

I love to eat Indian food - only once did I meet a Vindaloo to spicy - generally the more heat the better.

BUT

I do not understand the flavor combos - just cannot cook it in any convincing way - always turns out sort of off.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
I like Indian food mild to medium heat. Unfortunately my wife doesn't care for it so I seldom get into the very good restaurant which is walking distance from my house. :(