3 Cups Water
1 Teaspoon Cajun Base
2 Teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
1 Teaspoon Chopped Garlic
Raw Roux
Salt and Pepper to taste
Pinch of Cayenne Pepper
2 Teaspoons of Paprika
Place a small amount of olive oil in bottom of saucepan. Sauté all vegetables until lightly golden brown. Add all Other ingredients except roux. Bring to a slow boil. Fold in roux till creamy. Simmer for 20 minutes. Fill miniature pie shells, top with cheese. Place in oven until cheese is a golden brown.

Last edited:

homecook

I love crawfish! I'm going to have to go to the fish market and pick some up this weekend. Yum.......thanks.

Barb

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Like a mild chedder, or something even milder?

And I love mud bugs as well! They have them on one of the buffets nearby and I always pile up on em. A quick twist of the tail to get it off, another to pull out the tail meat, yum!!
Thanks for the recipe!

GrantsKat

Like a mild chedder, or something even milder?

And I love mud bugs as well! They have them on one of the buffets nearby and I always pile up on em. A quick twist of the tail to get it off, another to pull out the tail meat, yum!!
Thanks for the recipe!

you mean you dont suck the juices from the head:shock::wink:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
6 to 8 store made miniature pie shells
6 2 lbs Crawfish Meat
1/2 Cup Chopped Onion
1/2 Cup Chopped Celery
1/2 Cup Chopped Bell Pepper
1/4 Cup Chopped Green Onion
1/4 Cup Chopped Parsley
Juice Two Lemons
3 Cups Water
1 Teaspoon Cajun Base
2 Teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
1 Teaspoon Chopped Garlic
Raw Roux
Salt and Pepper to taste
Pinch of Cayenne Pepper
2 Teaspoons of Paprika
Place a small amount of olive oil in bottom of saucepan. Sauté all vegetables until lightly golden brown. Add all Other ingredients except roux. Bring to a slow boil. Fold in roux till creamy. Simmer for 20 minutes. Fill miniature pie shells, top with cheese. Place in oven until cheese is a golden brown.

I love mudbugs! This sounds great....but is that really 62 pounds of meat???????:shock:

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
nope its a typo..lol

it was late this last night(early this morning) when i posted it.lol

twist the head...suck
twist the tail, insert tail in mouth, work those bottom teeth,,,chew

you could go with a marble cheese, mild cheddar, non smoked provelone,montery

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Um....What?? You guys pullin my legs here? You actually suck the juices out of the head?:shock:

HELL yah... thats where all the spicy goodness is... your not actually eating or sucking whats inside the head...its the juice what you cooked it in

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
OK.... well.. next time around I might get up the courage to try that out... just as long as nothin comes outta that head other than the juices it was cooked in!