e8AzYjN.jpg

200 g butter
2,5 dl sugar
3 eggs
4 dl wheat flour
1 tsp vanilla sugar
1,5 tsp baking powder
1 - 2 dl finely chopped dried fruits
1 dl chopped cocktail cherries (maraschino cherries)
0,5 dl chopped peanuts (or other nuts)
1 dl orange juice

Cream the softened butter and sugar until stiff. Add the eggs one by one. Mix flour with baking powder, vanilla sugar and chopped dried fruits and nuts. Add the flour mixture into the batter. Add 1 cup of orange juice. Mix gently. Pour the batter into a greased baking dish. Bake 1 hour at 175 C. Remove from oven, cool and remove from the pan.

NJyRsNr.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
mmmm looks fluffy and moist! And yellow!

Very different from Chowderman's brown fruitcake!

Lee

Saliha

The difference of the color comes because my cake hasn´t brown sugar. Dates, figs raisins etc. might also color his cake more than mine (I had quite less dried fruits and spicies).

This one is kind of light version of the traditional fruit cake. At the Christmas I will bake then "heavier" fruit cake with more taste.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
the curious thing about it . . . the mix stays quite light / blonde until the last 30 minutes of baking. then suddenly it goes over to the dark side . . .

Johnny West

The local stores have bulk dried fruit and was able to get sour cherries, candied ginger, and some fresh walnuts. Afterward went to Total Wine and More and got a bottle go Goslings Dark Rum. Tonight will start with the rum in the cherries.

Shermie

Site Supporter
e8AzYjN.jpg

200 g butter
2,5 dl sugar
3 eggs
4 dl wheat flour
1 tsp vanilla sugar
1,5 tsp baking powder
1 - 2 dl finely chopped dried fruits
1 dl chopped cocktail cherries (maraschino cherries)
0,5 dl chopped peanuts (or other nuts)
1 dl orange juice

Cream the softened butter and sugar until stiff. Add the eggs one by one. Mix flour with baking powder, vanilla sugar and chopped dried fruits and nuts. Add the flour mixture into the batter. Add 1 cup of orange juice. Mix gently. Pour the batter into a greased baking dish. Bake 1 hour at 175 C. Remove from oven, cool and remove from the pan.

NJyRsNr.jpg

Looks nice!! :wow:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome back, Mr. Shermie! Where've you been?

Driving around in your new car, probably!

Lee

Shermie

Site Supporter
Welcome back, Mr. Shermie! Where've you been?

Driving around in your new car, probably!

Lee

Hah!! Yes I have.

Been driving it practically everyday now! it is so reliable and quiet. Gets me to where I want to go with no problems at all!!

About to get in it and drive across town now. :driving:

Johnny West

I did two fruit cakes and both are in the oven. I used the pan he said and they are boiled over. I will say they smell wonderful. There is a lot of rum and sugar left over and am looking for ideas to use it without waste.

I started taking pictures but it got too labour intensive and forgot about doing anymore. Of couse the will be a picture of the final product, good or bad.

Johnny West

The cakes came out EXTREAMLY mushy. I was able to wrap them I'm plastic wrap and will let them sit a few days on the garage floor. I figure they will be good with vanilla ice cream and as a "pudding". I tasted the bottom bits and it is very peppery.

Saliha

I too made fruit cake again, using same recipe than before. At this time I used fried figs, raisins and maraschino cherries plus peanuts.

QG1vstQ.jpg