What's cooking NCT Sunday, 7-2-17 to Saturday, 7-8-17?

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Dogboa is busily working on muffin tin thighs. Sides will be our SIL's Aunt Linda's coleslaw - non-mayo - and roasted/baked sweet potatoes.

Embryodad

Cooking??nhahahahahaha

If you can call opening a can of smoked herring cooking, that's what I had for supper! A pack of Tastycake chocolate cupcakes, and a yogurt.:readytoeat:

Mommy "T" is starting to feel better after her concussion, and bout with the shingles in her head, so she was out and about shopping for rolls and stuff for the 4th celebration on Tuesday. That's a good sign that she is feeling better....
Thank God!

Johnny West

I grilled a t-bone - the sides were sweet potato, asparagus, and a salad. The salad dressing was ok but needed vinegar. After straining out the solids I added a half cup of red wine vinegar and it's much better.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Cooking??nhahahahahaha

If you can call opening a can of smoked herring cooking, that's what I had for supper! A pack of Tastycake chocolate cupcakes, and a yogurt.:readytoeat:

Mommy "T" is starting to feel better after her concussion, and bout with the shingles in her head, so she was out and about shopping for rolls and stuff for the 4th celebration on Tuesday. That's a good sign that she is feeling better....
Thank God!
Send my love and a hug to Tina!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I made mini meatloaves, roasted potatoes (smoked EVOO, salt, ground pepper and all purpose seasoning) and peas for dinner. I had a side salad also. Family had theirs glazed (ketchup, BBQ rub and a few other ingredients) and I had mine topped with tomato sauce (onion, green pepper, splash burgundy wine, EVOO and spices).

Uncooked

mini_meatloaf_potatoes_raw_070217_P1100111.jpg

Cooked and glazed (mine is bottom left unglazed)

mini_meatloaf_potatoes_cooked_070217_P1100116.jpg

Johnny West

We're trying. The rule is you have to start over if you lapse. I've become obsessed with reading labels. I learned to that Lite SPAM is actually chicken not pork. I never bothered to look before. SPAM is out as it has sugar in it.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Hamburger (with cheese, vidallia onion, pickle, ketchup and Frank's hot sauce POWDER) on a Kaiser roll. Sautéed baby kale and baby spinach (Trader Joe's smoked EVOO and my all purpose seasoning) as a side.

Johnny West

I pan fried the rest of the package of mushrooms and thew them on top of my portion.

Attachments

• #Cauliflower Rice MS.jpg
    #Cauliflower Rice MS.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 129

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
My work dinner was Green Giant cauliflower with cheese sauce.
Baby carrots and celery sticks.
Another Lofthouse cookie (those white frosted ones with patriotic sprinkles).

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
We had Emeril's crawfish potstickers so we could use up some of the leftover crawfish in the freezer. Sauce was made up of orange/lime juice, cilantro, garlic, ginger, etc. Really liked the potsticker filling and the sauce was okay, but I think we'll have to come up with a different sauce if we make again. Sauteed baby bok choy for a vege.

yKC2Fs-JYbt0eAVq2sNoqxqHWCWhUO6pCOi0XMhLMMIpX92IB

Ironman

🍺
going into a food coma

Cherry brats, hickory smoked 8# Boston butt for pulled porkie pig sandwiches, pasta salad, taco dip, potato salad, apple pie baked in a paper bag and covered in caramel and some type of cookie bars. OH... maybe a few summer shandy's also ;)

Johnny West

I grilled the Singing Prarie Farms brats tonight with pecan for smoke. The sides were potato salad and red cabbage. It was all good - the brats are "heritage pork" and no sugar added.

Fireworks have been going off all afternoon but nothing like it's going to be tonight. I have the bedroom A/C on and will be watching Netflix.

You all have a wonderful even. BJ

:bbq3:

Attachments

• #Brats I.jpg
    #Brats I.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 119
  • #Brats II.jpg
    #Brats II.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 116

Embryodad

Hot dogs / hamburgers / ribs / potato salad / macaroni salad / cole slaw / corn on the cob. Apple pie.

I did the ribs with dry rub and on the grill covered on indirect heat. 10:30 start, and done at 2:00.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
AARGH !

Well, first time for everything, as the saying goes...............

I had roughly 15 minutes of gas in the grill !
Never ran out of gas with an empty back-up, no less.............. So...........

Ribs must go into the slow cooker.........

Ribs, Crockpot - Rice-Vermicelli BBQ blend (Knorr), Kinky Cauliflower

Tonight we'll re-route the left-over ribs into pulled pork sammies .

Cooksie

Site Supporter
We had Emeril's crawfish potstickers so we could use up some of the leftover crawfish in the freezer. Sauce was made up of orange/lime juice, cilantro, garlic, ginger, etc. Really liked the potsticker filling and the sauce was okay, but I think we'll have to come up with a different sauce if we make again. Sauteed baby bok choy for a vege.

yKC2Fs-JYbt0eAVq2sNoqxqHWCWhUO6pCOi0XMhLMMIpX92IB

I love crawfish. Do either of you know how to make the crawfish/rice stuffing that Hebert's uses in their deboned stuffed chicken?

Johnny West

That looks good - you should post that at the fowl forum. :thumb:

Tonight it's leftovers from yesterday plus a salad with anchovies and veg.

Ironman

🍺
Re: going into a food coma

Cherry brats, hickory smoked 8# Boston butt for pulled porkie pig sandwiches, pasta salad, taco dip, potato salad, apple pie baked in a paper bag and covered in caramel and some type of cookie bars. OH... maybe a few summer shandy's also ;)

When 10 people are coming over for a cookout, I make enough for 20. Soo... we'll be eating leftovers for the rest of this thread.

Shout out to my friends who feel guilty taking their food back home with them after A cookout at my house!:whistling:

Last edited:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I'm into making wraps for work dinner lately.
Sometimes I get tired of loaf bread preferring large tortillas, bagels or croissants instead.

So today I made a couple of wraps using Philly chive and onion as the base spread on the tortilla, with Kretschmar roast beef slices and some red and yellow bell pepper strips.
So simple and so tasty.

Embryodad

I threw a wad of pizza dough together.....and we had 1/2 a peppers and 1/2 onion pie.
A couple beers to wash it down, and I was all set. Mommy T had Orange Crush.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
On the 4th, we had Chef Norman Van Aken's jerk chicken salad with mango, avocado, onion, and a mustard, buttermilk, sour cream vinaigrette. A friend had given us some mangoes off his tree even though Dogboa tried to get out of it, as he doesn't normally like them and I am allergic. They were a different kind of mango though, yellow-skinned, yellow-fleshed, and a different flavor, incredibly sweet, buttery, creamy. Dogboa actually liked them and I was actually able to eat them after a very, very cautious test. I hope we can get more because we both really liked this dish.

Last night, we had New World vichyssoise using boniato instead of potato, with a horseradish kick. This was from Chef Allen Susser. It was very good as well.

Both of the above chefs are/were noted for using Latin/Caribbean ingredients.

Johnny West

Tonight it's turkey meatballs in a savory smoked paprika tomato sauce with spaghetti squash. I had to pick a hot day to make this one.

Embryodad

Had leftover microwave heated burgers and 2 beers to wash them down.
The wife is having ribs and buttered noodles.

Dados1950

Last night......"Grilled Lamb Souvlaki Bowls".

Grilled lamb (butterflied leg) over tri-color quinoa with artichoke hearts, grape tomatoes,red onion,Kalamata olives,Feta cheese chunks and cucumber rounds as "garnishes".

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Another easy night ;

Pan-Seared Franks, Navy Beans in a Smokey BBQ Sauce w/ Sweet Peppers and Vidalia's, Boiled / Smashed / Fried Baby Reds, Cherry Tomatoes w/ Red Wine Vinaigrette...