Wednesday 3/28/2012 What's cooking this hump day?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Well it is the hump of the week and heading to friday. YAY! I think I want breakfast for dinner. DD stayed home from school with a fever so plans may change. But I am thinking eggs, bacon, fried potatoes and onions and rye toast for us and soup for my DD.

What are you eating today?

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
We're in the midst of a 12-week 'wednesday music in the square'....it's like a gigantic outdoor happy hour with free music and cheap booze and food. Lots of local restaurants vend, and the NOLA school of bartending students tend bar. A portion of the proceeds go to a local organization for kids...

http://www.wednesdayatthesquare.com/

So, it's looking like a bit of fresh air, a bit more of rum, and even more music. We'll stop by the restaurant on the way home for something to bring home with up. It's just three blocks from the restaurant!

Embryodad

Nothing to write home about today..

Breakfast was two seeded rye toast with butter..
DD was over baking chocolate chip cookies for me..and she made sausage and peppers yesterday.
She brought a pile over..and I indulged on that with a sweet roll.

I was so full and after eating cookies hot off the sheet pans...I got a in a Food Coma..and took a nap. WOW... I'm gettin like the cats.

It's only 8:00 so I guess I will grab something to snack on later.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Slap ya mama mudbugs
42576653-0433-078c.jpg

42576653-0447-45b5.jpg

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk

Last night I wanted to use up the last half of a package of "Italian Spice Linguini" from "Rossi Pasta", so cooked it up & simply tossed it with some extra-virgin olive oil, chopped garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, dried oregano, & a diced fresh "Kumota" tomato. Served with some crusty whole-grain garlic bread & a green salad. Nice & light for a warm thunder-stormy evening.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Slap ya mama mudbugs
42576653-0433-078c.jpg

42576653-0447-45b5.jpg

I'm green with envy. I could eat all three of those trays all by myself, don't want to mess with corn or potatoes......just give me the mud bugs.

GotGarlic

What are mud bugs?

Mudbugs are aka crawfish, crayfish or crawdads. They're a small species of the lobster/crab family.

I made a version of Szechuan Green Beans last night. I had four ounces each of ground beef and pork left over from making Swedish meatballs, so I used that. I stir-fried green beans and asparagus (didn't have enough beans from last year's harvest), then browned the meat with garlic and ginger, and added a sauce that included soy sauce, rice wine, sesame oil, crushed red pepper, Chinese chile-garlic sauce, oyster sauce, cornstarch and water. Served the mixture over white rice. It turned out pretty well.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Thought that they looked like crayfish but had never heard the term mud bugs before.

Its a southern thang. Lmao

Think small fresh water lobsters. Spicy if you want.

We do "Low country boils" here. Shrimp,sausage,potatoes, onions,garlic,beer,spices,corn on the cob....ingredients are boiled in a huge pot, once cooked we throw everything onto a table covered with newspaper. We also.do.this with crawfish.