5 places lined up...so far

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Got 5 places to check out Thursday afternoon. All in the Uptown area, close to Tulane, Audobon Zoo, and Camilla Grill, mm mm good!

This is exhausting!

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I hope you can find something affordable with some ambiance :D. When I think of NOLA, I think of old, very tall French doors that open onto a balcony where you can hear the street noises or maybe open onto a shady courtyard with an old iron fence. I just love that place. It's soooo cool. Good luck with your search.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Got 5 places to check out Thursday afternoon. All in the Uptown area, close to Tulane, Audobon Zoo, and Camilla Grill, mm mm good!

This is exhausting!

Way way waaaaaay cool. One of my best friends is on Washington Ave. about a half block south of St. Charles. I feel a future visit coming on. Woo hoo.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
You will know the right place when you see it. Might be a little more money than you'd planned, but you won't be able to pass it up.

This is my 22nd year at my townhouse - when I saw it, I breathed, "I HAVE to have this!". It was more money than I wanted to spend, but I made happen.

Lee

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Wow! That's a lot of places to look at in one afternoon! Hopefully you'll find the right place Thursday afternoon and you can just enjoy the rest of your stay!

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Up to 6 right now...but the 6th one, (actually the first I've got to look at) has no yard.. Really want a small yard, if for no other reason than to put the mannequin and the lights!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Really want a small yard, if for no other reason than to put the mannequin and the lights!

With a few trees/shrubs on which to hang the Mardi Gras beads and other funky treasures!

Lee

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Vera, I have only visited New Orleans twice, and most of what I know about NOLA is from James Lee Burke's Dave Robicheaux novels, which I love. But if I couldn't live here, New Orleans would be my next choice. Best of luck with your search, and thanks for keeping everyone updated on your adventure.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Oh Vera - I wish I was house hunting with you! I'll bet you make even that an amazing experience. I just know when you walk into the right house, it will speak to you.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Oh Vera - I wish I was house hunting with you! I'll bet you make even that an amazing experience. I just know when you walk into the right house, it will speak to you.

I wish I would have said that, FM. It's true. Love at first sight.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I've got a good feeling about all of this...as long as I keep Lou either drunk or drugged, it should go just fine.:thumb:

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
You go, girl. Send Lou over to my place and I'll divert his attention while you make the right decision. :)

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I was up to 7 places...but one called today--already rented. Ah, well. Work was crazy today. We have about 14 catered events lined up for Thursday and Friday, in addition to 1500 Teen Arts kids coming through the cafe between the hours of 9am and 1pm on Friday. Trying to get as prepped as possible for that, leaving my assistant manager in a 'good place', and getting ready for the big day of catering on graduation/day after...I'm wiped.

My mouth is bone dry. My eye is still twitching periodically. I've got shaky hands. I have to colour my hair because no one will rent to a woman with grey roots showing. I have to pack, and remember to bring the garmin. I think I'm gonna puke. Holy shit.

This is no dream, this is really happening.......... (Rosemary's Baby).

We're staying at the Inter Continental on St. Charles. I see from the website they have a computer/pc in the lobby. I'll get on here if I can over the weekend. We'll be back late Saturday night.

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Don't worry - you'll feel much better after your hair is dyed. (It always works for me.) Tomorrow will be a crazy, wild adventure and I predict that you and Lou will have a blast. I hope one of the 6 is the perfect place to set down roots but if not, you may just stumble across "the one" while walking to a restaurant. (When I first saw this house, it wasn't for sale but I knocked on the door anyway and asked if it might be for sale in the future. Turns out, the people had been discussing selling and a month later, we moved in!)

Good house juju coming your way, girlfriend.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I have to colour my hair because no one will rent to a woman with grey roots showing.
:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

I'll have to remember that next time I need to rent a place! :yum:

Seriously, enjoy the weekend in NOLA, and let your spirit of adventure rule the day. You're too strong a woman to let the jitters take over. (hell, you have to be strong enough to hold Lou together! ) :bb:

Good luck - we'll hold down the fort.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
If I had gorgeous silver hair like yours, SS, I would never dye again! Mine isn't a pretty silver - it's a dull grey mixed with a little dark brown. sigh Very little dark brown.