I try not to ask too often....

homecook

Well no news is good news........my mom slept comfortably last night. Her breathing is still not good but she's not in any pain. I'll be going up to see her shortly.

I appreciate all your thoughts and prayers from the bottom of my heart.........it helps!!!!

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Barb, you have my number if you need me. It is a very hard when things look so bleak but both my parents would surprise me and like Sass said, the ativan will help her breathe better. I am still praying for her and your family as well. The infection could be the reason that she did not know you are dh. Try to take care of you, too!
(((((Barb and Heather)))))

suziquzie

I will add you to my thoughts and prayers Barb.
Please do remember to take care of yourself also.
(((((((hugs)))))))
-Suz

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Treasure each of the good moments that she has, Barb. Try to make happy memories. Hugs, Susan

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I'm so very sorry Barb! You are definitely in our thoughts and prayers! Much love coming your way as we pray for the best!

homecook

I just spent the past 5 hours with my mom. She slept 4 hours and 45 minutes...........Heather and Dh are there now. We're playing tag team so someone is always there.
I think she suffered another TIA (mini-stroke) as the right side of her face is droopy and it's a little hard to understand what she's saying. BTDT with her before. She didn't know who I was when I first got there but by the time I left she asked for me. Hospice has been there around the clock which is a godsend.
I'm not hopeful but I'm glad she's comfortable and not in pain. They've got her on oxygen and breathing treatments for the pneumonia every four hours. They've given her ativan to help with the breathing every four hours. They've also given her antibiotic injections because she can't swallow. She hasn't eaten for two days.
I'm hanging in there knowing that it could go either way.

Thank you all for being there for me!!! I love you all!!!!

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Barb I am so sorry to hear oabout your mom. Thoughts prayers and well wishes coming from my house to yours.

Andy

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I just spent the past 5 hours with my mom. She slept 4 hours and 45 minutes...........Heather and Dh are there now. We're playing tag team so someone is always there.
I think she suffered another TIA (mini-stroke) as the right side of her face is droopy and it's a little hard to understand what she's saying. BTDT with her before. She didn't know who I was when I first got there but by the time I left she asked for me. Hospice has been there around the clock which is a godsend.
I'm not hopeful but I'm glad she's comfortable and not in pain. They've got her on oxygen and breathing treatments for the pneumonia every four hours. They've given her ativan to help with the breathing every four hours. They've also given her antibiotic injections because she can't swallow. She hasn't eaten for two days.
I'm hanging in there knowing that it could go either way.

Thank you all for being there for me!!! I love you all!!!!
Oh, Barb, I know you and the rest of the family are getting exhausted keeping vigil at your mom's bedside, but I admire all of you so much. I can't think of anything more comforting than looking into the face of a loved one every time I opened my eyes. It's a special blessing for your mom and I know it will make her road easier to travel.

homecook

Update: My mom was sitting up today. They gave her IM antibiotics and breathing treatments and she actually ate some lunch today. She's still on the oxygen because of the pneumonia. She just may pull through this......if she's willing.

I just want this roller coaster to stop so I can get off it!!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
That's wonderful news Barb! All our prayers may be helping, so many more are coming!! :clap:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I'm so glad, Barb. There is nothing worse than watching someone struggle to breathe. I hope things continue to improve and that you can get some rest tonight, girlfriend.

Deelady

Keep the faith alive Barb, it is you that is bringing her through! {{{hugs}}} We are still in prayer with you.

homecook

The funny thing is Heather and her family left today for Florida to see her hubby's parents. She insisted she didn't want to go because of my mom. She came out yesterday to see my mom and said she was staying here because things didn't look good. I told her her grandma was too feisty to go just yet and wanted Heather to go on vacation. Fortunately they left this morning and all is good.........

Yes, the prayers are definitely working..........Thank You!!

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
I understand your feelings about being on a rollercoaster ride and wanting to get off. However, the news is so good! And, you are right, if she is determined to stick around, she will. I am so happy for the good news!! It is wonderful!! And eating!! I shall continue praying. Enjoy the good days and moments.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
I'm so glad to hear of your mom's improvement, Barb, and I'm thinking about the both of you all the time.

Buzz

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Thanks Susan, I enjoy every minute I get to spend with her!!
I know you do and I know how hard it is; I really have been on the same journey and it has not been an easy road. My mom doesn't always remember my brothers or my father.

Deelady

Thought you could use something beautiful to look at....

1718990_129589_2a1ece504c_p.jpg