Sorry to bother any of you

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
I had to post somewhere. At about nine this evening, I.had tho put my dog Liam to sleep. He was twelve and a half years old and had been with us since he was eight welds old. He was thief. The first thing he stole was my heart and her he n gave it back.

I wrote this about him.

Rest well my friend. You made us laugh, you made us cry and everything in between. You never gave us anything but all your love and never asked for more than our attention in return. You lived life on your terms. You kept us safe.

When a Labrador decides to take care of you, you are in the best of hands. Thank you.

I hope to see you at the rainbow bridge. Until then, I will miss you every day.

Thank you for reading.

Andy

Leni

My son and DIL are in the same boat. They lost Lily three weeks ago. My husband will not let me have another pet because the loss of Amigo hurts too much. He never had a pet that he truely loved until Amigo. His family never had pets while I aways did. It's a battle that I will eventually win. The hole in his heart needs to be filled with a loving pet.

Saliha

I understand you well, Andy. I too am missing all my dog friends whose passed away already years ago. Sometimes they still come to my dreams and there they are forever young.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Andy, I have been dreading this day for you - my heart is heavy. I'm glad you posted this with us, though.

Leni, you wrote, "The hole in his heart needs to be filled with a loving pet." I absolutely agree.

Lee

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Thank you all.

I didn't think it would be as hard as it is. This AM I loaded the dishwasher and wondered why Liam was not there to "Pre Clean' the dishes. Bear is just laying on the floor and has no idea what to do. They are / were only ten days apart in age and have not spent any time without each other in their twelve years. At the vet's recommendation, we tried to take Bear with us to help him understand. He is quite stiff with arthritis and refused to leave the house.

I suppose that it happens to everyone who loves their pets, but, one just doesn't understand the shock and pain till it happens to them. As I look at Bear, it hurts more to know this will happen again. He is closer to me as he chose me 12 years ago for his and has never faltered once.

Ian M.

Andy, so very sorry to read your post this morning and learn of your loss. It's never easy, to lose a part of your family - and more importantly, a part of your heart and your life. It hurt more than I can say that we had to leave our dog behind when we moved, as he couldn't come with us. You and Bear will need one another a lot in the coming days and weeks.

Ian

chilefarmer

Andy, no words can replace the hurt that one feels when a true friend is gone. I have lost many in my life and still remember each one. My partner now is 16 years old, and I know the time is coming when she will leave me. I can hardly bear the thought. CF

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
So so sorry to hear this Andy. :( No words can ease your pain, I know. I still feel the pain and loss every time I come home and open the door and no Bailey (our great dane who passed May 12th). So tough. They are a member of the family and do steal your heart. Life is sure better because of them. They show us true love and loyalty at a level that is hard if not impossible to match.

Take care my friend and please, never be sorry to bother us with a post like this. It is no bother. It is hard to handle but no bother. We are here for each other, to help when we can.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I'm so sorry to hear about Liam. I know you adored him. Give Bear an extra hug. I'm sure he's grieving also.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
This news make me so sad Andy. I am so sorry for your loss my friend. If you need to talk please call me.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
11222302_10153439520709275_3191741513494829489_n.jpg

Rest well my friend. You made us laugh, you made us cry and everything in between. You never gave us anything but all your love and never asked for more than our attention in return. You lived life on your terms. You kept us safe.

When a Labrador decides to take care of you, you are in the best of hands. Thank you.

Shermie

Site Supporter
I had to post somewhere. At about nine this evening, I.had tho put my dog Liam to sleep. He was twelve and a half years old and had been with us since he was eight welds old. He was thief. The first thing he stole was my heart and her he n gave it back.

I wrote this about him.

Thank you for reading.

Andy

I'm so sorry for your loss, my friend!!

Both you & your much-loved pet are in my prayers. :sad: