Worried about Mexico Karen

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
With the earthquake in Japan and the Impending Tsunami on the west coast, I hope Karen is OK. Karen thoughts and prayers for you and everyone else on the West Coast.

Andy

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Keep in touch with us when, if, you can, Karen and west coast members!!!!

Positive energies heading your way!

Lee

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
They just predicted the strength of the tsunami should be weakened by the time it gets to our west coast. They also said it will hit the NW first and work it's way down the coast, so with luck our friends in LA, San Diego and Mexico will barely notice it.
Hope that prediction is true. Good luck guys. We'll be thinking of you.

Cuisinette

I am worry too... it is expected to hit Washington and Oregon state coast, they didn't say anything about California.

Three feet wave is not as bad as 30 feet in Japan :sad:

I hope everyone here, from affected areas is safe.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Good luck you guys and gals. I just saw some pictures of a guy's kitchen after the earthquake in Japan. What a mess!

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Thanks, everyone for thinking of us. The tsunami is predicted to arrive here around 1 pm, just about an hour from now. The warnings have gone out, and all of our ports have been closed. I don't think that anything dire is being predicted...we are about six blocks from the ocean, on slightly higher ground, and I don't think we have anything to worry about, but we aren't planning a stroll on the beach this afternoon. I'll let you know later - thanks again.

Leni

Just heard that the first surge that hit Cresent City was three feet. That did little damage. The next one was five feet and did major damage. The third one was eight feet and totally destroyed the harbor. You might want to consider going further inland Karen.

They have suspended operations at the Port of Long Beach. The Port of Los Angeles stopped for a while but has resumed some operations but no hazardous materials or flamable materials. All beaches and piers are closed. It will be several hours before the danger is over.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Just got off the phone with DD, who lives closer to the beach than we do. She is on her second floor balcony - the bay is just a few hundred feet away. Nothing to report. The water looks flat. Any potential for danger here is lessened by our location on the north shore of Banderas Bay, which us shaped like an inverted "C". That's is also the reason why we have only had one hurricane touch ground here in the last 50 years. We are well protected. Thanks to you all for your concerns.

Mr. Green Jeans

Well serious damage to some of the marinas on the Oregon coast but nothing of the magnitude in Japan. Several morons on the beaches after all the warnings were swept out to sea.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Thanks, guys...as far as I know (just talked with folks who live on the beach), we had a few waves higher than normal, and that's it. Those poor people in Japan - with the nuclear reactor problems they are facing, their troubles may just be beginning. I surely hope the problems get resolved quickly and safely.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks, guys...as far as I know (just talked with folks who live on the beach), we had a few waves higher than normal, and that's it. Those poor people in Japan - with the nuclear reactor problems they are facing, their troubles may just be beginning. I surely hope the problems get resolved quickly and safely.

Me too Karen.
Glad to hear you and Jerry are ok.