Knife: I'm such an impulse buyer!

CharlieD

Yoiu arew an impulsive buyer. I buy my paring knives in restaurant suppl;y store for about 3-4 bucks. usually I loose them long before they become dull.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I have no idea since I've never used one. I have a 3.5" Shun Classic paring knife I use, but then you could buy 3 of these for the one Shun. At that price though it is worth trying out and let us know what you think after you get it and use it awhile.

MikeStewart

it's 15 bucks, how could you go wrong?

Y0u can't and It looks Cool

21a2ImB%2BsNL._SS500_.jpg

You can name it Morimoto.

Mike

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
LOL! Thanks! Actually, I might have messed up by getting a right handed knife. I'm left handed, and I think I read that the handle is right-handed...

joec

Gold Site Supporter
If it is a D shaped handle, my Shun's come with them and mine are all right handed. My wife is left handed and loves them and if I hadn't told her they where right handed she wouldn't have know. She claims they feel fine to her.

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
That's good to hear. Like I said, I bought it on a lark. If all else fails, it would make a great gift.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Well, being a leftie just make it a bit more challenging with certain items.

Enjoy your knife. You will have to hold it to see if it is weighted right for you and if you like how it feels in your hand. That is the most important criteria besides sharpness. I imagine if it feels funny to you, you can always send it back or gift it to someone who would be more comfortable using it.

S.Shepherd

umm...weight on a small knife like that really isn't important.

it'll probably be a little handle heavy, relative to it's total weight ( which shouldn't be alot anyway)

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
^I didn't realize it was a 4" paring knife. I guess I should have clicked on the link and not relied on the photo. Then, it really does come down to how sharp it is and how comfortable it feels in your hand.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Not much information available although I have seen that the Rockwell hardness is around 58 - read - Swedish steel. If so, good deal. You can't go wrong, especially for the price.

Last edited: