1/2 tsp. Louisiana hot sauce
1 tsp. salt
BREADING:
1/2 c. corn or wheat flour
1/2 c. cornmeal
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. red cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp. onion powder
Beat eggs, add flour, milk, garlic powder, hot sauce and salt. Mix well. In another pan
mix together flour, cornmeal, salt, red pepper and onion powder. Dip frog legs first in
batter mix, then in breading mix. Deep fry in hot oil at 350 degrees. They will float to​
the top when they are done.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Are these crispy and kinda hot not greasy? I bet they would be good dipped in some ranch or blue cheese kinda like you would buffalo wings! Yum!
This is the kind of thing I have been looking for, a place around here made em but they were battered like Long John Silvers and full of grease, yuck! I want em crispy and served with a nice dunking sauce!
Thanks!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Frog Legs are very lean and little fat. Use a light batter, and YUM! In fact, Publix has a sale on these this week. I think it's time to do some!

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
4/20-I came home to a very tasty dish of Frog legs tonight. It was good, very tasty, but not crispy. I like Mavericks idea. Next time I cook them, I am not going to use any batter at all, and just deep fry them, and see how they come out.
My wifes way she made tonight.-
She soaked the legs in Milk for 1 hour.
Threw them in a bag of seasoned flour. (season salt, lemon pepper)
Shook of excess, and put in combination Oil/butter.
She drissled Lemon and salt over the frog legs.
Good but not crispy.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
It sounds good but still can't bring myself to the thought of eating frogs legs

chowhound

You might just get your wish DickyBird!
I am suddenly craving some frog legs. I probably need to buy a case at the restaurant supply store, but I shouldn't have any problem eating them in a few sittings.
I used to simply dredge them in seasoned flour, being sure to include garlic powder, and saute them in margarine. I imagine butter and oil would work, since I've stopped buying margarine. I'll find out shortly (lol).

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
i tried froggs legs several years ago and i didn't care for them... maybe i didn't fry them right.