Peep's Linguini with Broccoli Aglio Olio (With Garlic and Olive Oil)

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter

Linguini - cooked, drained and tossed with olive oil (small amount to coat and prevent sticking)
Broccoli florets
Fresh garlic (Aglio) - chopped or sliced thin - to taste
Olive oil (Olio)
Ground hot pepper flakes - to taste
Salt - to taste
Ground black pepper - to taste
Chicken broth - optional

In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté slightly. Add broccoli to the pan and cook stirring for 2 minutes. Season with salt, black pepper and hot pepper. Add chicken broth and cover. Cook just till bright in color and tender. Place linguini in serving bowl. Pour broccoli and sauce over linguini.

Serve with grated Romano and Parmesan cheeses

linguini_broccoli_080409_P1030625.JPG

Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Re: Linguini with Broccoli Aglio Olio (With Garlic and Olive Oil)

Yum! One of my favorite dishes is Chicken, Ziti and Broccoli (a very common offering in Italian restaurants around here) with the garlic oil sauce.

Yours looks fantastic, peep!

Lee

lesley

Linguini - cooked, drained and tossed with olive oil (small amount to coat and prevent sticking)
Broccoli florets
Fresh garlic (Aglio) - chopped or sliced thin - to taste
Olive oil (Olio)
Ground hot pepper flakes - to taste
Salt - to taste
Ground black pepper - to taste
Chicken broth - optional

In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté slightly. Add broccoli to the pan and cook stirring for 2 minutes. Season with salt, black pepper and hot pepper. Add chicken broth and cover. Cook just till bright in color and tender. Place linguini in serving bowl. Pour broccoli and sauce over linguini.

Serve with grated Romano and Parmesan cheeses

linguini_broccoli_080409_P1030625.JPG

*Thud* my kinda dinner peep...:clap:you guys ever been to Italy?

Last edited by a moderator:

buckytom

Grill Master

Yum! One of my favorite dishes is Chicken, Ziti and Broccoli (a very common offering in Italian restaurants around here) with the garlic oil sauce.

Yours looks fantastic, peep!

Lee

interesting qsis. 'round here, the traditional thing is cavatelli and broccoli aglio e olio. chicken is often one of those "add chicken for $x.xx" kinda things.

looks good, peep. this is a great, quick, vegetarian dish. good for not overheating the kitchen in summer, or meatless fridays during lent.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter

thank you everyone!!
i have never been to Italy.

yup was friday during lent meal when i was growing up. that and olive sauce. i wasn't into seafood so i ate these on good friday and xmas eve also.