Honey Whole Wheat

Carolina Cooking

IMG_0140.jpg

My Honey Whole Wheat . Made in bread maker. 3 hours.

Even has its own little peep hole lol Seems the BM works better when the paddle is in correctly :thumb: Huge differance..

Oh & the bread taste's
really great..

Can't wait for a bacon/lettace/ tomato on toasted homemade whole wheat.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
It's beautiful! Is that my recipe or Joe's, or some unknown?

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Wow! Beautiful loaf! Did you use Mama's recipe? That reminds me that I need to stop by Publix for some ingredients for that bread! So glad to see it comes out this well in the bread machine. Awesome!!

Carolina Cooking

thanks

I had Mamas recipe ready to make. Then I noticed my unopened milk out of date :yuk: another qt of milk down the drain :censored::censored:

so much for that .

I have no idea where I got this recipe . It just written on a scrap of paper Honey WW lol. along with a zillion others just like it.

1 1/2 c warm water
1/3 c honey
2 T warm butter
1T dry milk

then I add the dry

3c whole wheat F
1 1/2 t salt
1 1/2 t BMYeast

light crust setting/ whole wheat setting. 1.5 size loaf.

It did turn out nice. If I do say so :biggrin:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
You didn't use any Bread Flour...it's all whole wheat flour? That is a beautiful loaf

Carolina Cooking

You didn't use any Bread Flour...it's all whole wheat flour? That is a beautiful loaf

yep lol. just KingA whole wheat flour.

my recipe that came with my machine is almost the same. It calls for 1/3 c brown sugar not honey. 3 1/2 c wwf. & 2 1/2 tsp BMyeast.

This one was so simple . Yet turned out just fine.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
thanks

I had Mamas recipe ready to make. Then I noticed my unopened milk out of date :yuk: another qt of milk down the drain :censored::censored:

so much for that .

I have no idea where I got this recipe . It just written on a scrap of paper Honey WW lol. along with a zillion others just like it.

1 1/2 c warm water
1/3 c honey
2 T warm butter
1T dry milk

then I add the dry

3c whole wheat F
1 1/2 t salt
1 1/2 t BMYeast

light crust setting/ whole wheat setting. 1.5 size loaf.

It did turn out nice. If I do say so :biggrin:
That came out very nice, and I'm certain you're enjoying the flavor. This recipe is very close to the recipe on my website that actually came from someone on another forum. The difference is my recipe calls for vital wheat gluten and exchanges honey with molasses.

It's nice to see some folks getting interested in bread baking. Once you have the homemade bread, it's hard to go back to store bought commercial bread with all the chemicals that give it a half life on the store shelf.

I've started feeding my sourdough starter (born June 6, 2008) so I can make a couple loaves of sourdough no-knead bread for Memorial Day. It's always a big hit wherever I take it, and super easy to make. One loaf will definitely be infused with Italian herbs, and not sure about the other loaf at this point. I'll post pics when I make them.

Keep making bread, folks. It's good for ya!

Carolina Cooking

I haven't bought any store bread in a long while now. I only bought whole grain when I did. Plus Boudin Sour Dough.Nothing compares to even be close to it JMO.

My next try will be dark Rye/pump. Then some rolls for burgers.

:thumb:

Carolina Cooking

Mmm, now that sounds good. There better be pictures of that to come, too.

:thumb: lol. I had the end piece this morning toasted , while I made the coffee. In a short time later I made eggs with 2 more pieces of toast .

:ohmy: so now I am clock watching, is it lunch time yet ?

I am going to be carb nuts today.

QuirkyCookery

I probably would've just had the BLT for breakfast....or tossed an egg on it and called it a BELT sandwich, which totally counts as breakfast food. ><

Cooksie

Site Supporter
IMG_0140.jpg

My Honey Whole Wheat . Made in bread maker. 3 hours.

Even has its own little peep hole lol Seems the BM works better when the paddle is in correctly :thumb: Huge differance..

Oh & the bread taste's
really great..

Can't wait for a bacon/lettace/ tomato on toasted homemade whole wheat.

Very nice! I need to break out my bread maker one of these days.