30 rep points for a pic ....

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

I have checked them out. When I bought Tshirts for Forums Forums I checked CafePress but ended up going with a local Tshirt maker & a higher quality shirt. The shirts did not sell very well is the main reason I have not tried that here.

Doc, there are those of us of myspace or facebook and some are on twitter--why not have those who care to add a link to here?

It is free and might bring more foodie friends here.

Excellent Idea. I strongly encourage all to link to here from their Facebook and Myspace accounts. That could help a whole lot. :thumb: :clap: Good idea Susan!!!! :D

How about t-shirts Greg like you offer on FF?
I wear mine from time to time, and the pen is lovely.

The shrits were a slow mover, and the pen was a nice one for sure, but not the kind that you'd give away 10 of them at a time to the general public. They were rather expensive, but worth it.

Are you familiar with the black and white oval stickers? You could do that... here is a pic...

Very good idea. They would be easier to put on a car window and maybe people would not mind wearing them. :thumb:

Thanks all!!!!!!! :D

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I have talked with my decal maker.
The decal is currently 1 1/2 inches tall by 27 inches long.

The www seems redundant ...everyone knows that now, plus if you type netcookingtalk.com into your browser it will resolve to this site. So ....
if I made the decals 1 inch tall and cut out the www so that the decal looks like:

NetCookingTalk.com

would you all be more inclined to display it?

A pen or a key chain is given to one person only. It might get passed around a little but it is limited to maybe attracting 5 new members for each pen or key ring. Where as a decal would be seen by multiple sets of eyes every time you drive through town ...if it's on your car. Maybe I'm asking to much to have your car be a billboard for NCT, I can accept that. But I need to know that so that I don't waste resources.

Keltin, I started to post your news but I don't want to steal your thunder. Feel free to start a new thread to share that info when the time is right. :thumb:

KKsMom

Blond Member
Right now, is there something in place to reward people for referrals? Or even a way to track referrals? Maybe if you starting something the pens and or keychains would pay for themselves- and you would only re-up the supply of the people who gave you referalls for them; know what I mean?
Personally, I like the idea of a magnet bumper sticker- so you can remove it when you want. I also like the idea of the oval stickers because they kinda blend in and if you have a road rage incident ( :blush: ) your car won't be as memorable.

lilylove

should we take a guess???

A baby??
A new grill??
A new sticker for his car?
A new car?
A new job?
??????

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Well, I was going to wait until they came in, but I ordered 100 pens from that site with www.NETCOOKINGTALK.com on them. Estimated delivery date is 5/25/09.

When they get here, I’ll pass out about 20 in my area. I was thinking of sending 10-20 to JoeC since he has a business with a front counter. That leaves 60 or so to divvy up in one way or another.

Once they get here, Doc can make the final decision on how to divvy them up. Maybe a contest, random drawing, something? I figure a person getting the pens will get 5 or more. One to keep, and the rest to pass out.

I’m really curious as to what kind of marketing impact a pen has, so it should be interesting. I suggested that Doc make a note on the registration page that if you got the web site from the pen, you get 10 extra Karma points or something like that. That way Doc can track the impact the pens have. He likes the idea and may be able to implement it.

Once they come in, I’ll work with Doc on how to pass them out, then I'll start a new thread about it.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Keltin i thought you were going to have other news..lol

Mrs Bam keeps bugging me about your next news...everyday i get "When?..Did they go look yet?...Do they need my help?..."

jeez help a bro out and put me out of my misery already..lol:yum:

oh and good idea on the pens...

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Wow! Talk about a Super Site Supporter!!! This is amazing! Thank you, Keltin!:applause::applause::applause::applause:

I would give you karma but I already did today.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wow! Talk about a Super Site Supporter!!! This is amazing! Thank you, Keltin!:applause::applause::applause::applause:

I would give you karma but I already did today.
Indeed. He is a Super Super Site Supporter. :tiphat: :clap:
Thank You Keltin!!!!!!!!! :beer:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Well, I was going to wait until they came in, but I ordered 100 pens from that site with www.NETCOOKINGTALK.com on them. Estimated delivery date is 5/25/09.

When they get here, I’ll pass out about 20 in my area. I was thinking of sending 10-20 to JoeC since he has a business with a front counter. That leaves 60 or so to divvy up in one way or another.

Once they get here, Doc can make the final decision on how to divvy them up. Maybe a contest, random drawing, something? I figure a person getting the pens will get 5 or more. One to keep, and the rest to pass out.

I’m really curious as to what kind of marketing impact a pen has, so it should be interesting. I suggested that Doc make a note on the registration page that if you got the web site from the pen, you get 10 extra Karma points or something like that. That way Doc can track the impact the pens have. He likes the idea and may be able to implement it.

Once they come in, I’ll work with Doc on how to pass them out, then I'll start a new thread about it.

Contact me and I'll pick up half of the cost Keltin. :applause:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Wow, thanks guys. I’m not worried about the cost though. It wasn’t bad, and free shipping to boot.

What I’m worried about is……will it work? I’m going to feel pretty dumb if we don’t get at least 1 or 2 new registrations! :yum:

That’s why I did it. I’m curious as to whether it will work, so I’m calling it an experiment. That way, if it bombs, Doc didn’t waste his time because I suggested it! :lol:

JoeC, what do you think about setting 10 or 20 of them on your counter at your business. Maybe in a cup or something?

Anyone else got any ideas where they can pass some out for high visibility?

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Wow, thanks guys. I’m not worried about the cost though. It wasn’t bad, and free shipping to boot.

What I’m worried about is……will it work? I’m going to feel pretty dumb if we don’t get at least 1 or 2 new registrations! :yum:

That’s why I did it. I’m curious as to whether it will work, so I’m calling it an experiment. That way, if it bombs, Doc didn’t waste his time because I suggested it! :lol:

JoeC, what do you think about setting 10 or 20 of them on your counter at your business. Maybe in a cup or something?

Anyone else got any ideas where they can pass some out for high visibility?

Not a problem for me at all, I even have a community cork board so people that move others etc can pin up their adds. I will set them on the counter as there isn't a day goes by that some one doesn't come in make out a check to pay their rent and steal my pens. :smile: