1/4 cup orange juice
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup butter, softened, divided
1 tablespoon grated orange peel
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon all-purpose flour
1 cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Prepare oranges by cutting tops off, 1/4 to 1/2 inch down, and cutting just enough off the bottom to allow the oranges to sit nicely.

Spoon out the flesh, leaving a shell.

In a large bowl combine sweet potatoes, sugar, orange juice, eggs,
vanilla extract, 1/2 cup butter and grated orange peel. Spoon mixture into
orange shells. Place in a deep casserole dish.

In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine remaining 1/2 cup butter,
brown sugar, flour and pecans. Cook until sugar dissolves in melted
butter. Spoon over oranges. Fill casserole dish with water to reach 1/2
inch in depth.

Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.

Makes 6 servings
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
I use the largest orange available at the time.......... I utilize an ice-cream scoop, which I've "sharpened" the edges a bit. I use this for hollowing out cabbages for stuffing, as well as for hollowing zucchini and other squash. I'll take a pic...........

plates009.jpg

I usually leave a wall of pulp, as it adds to the flavor of the taters; but you've got to have enough space to fit one reasonable serving inside.....

Last edited:

Guts

Thank you for your reply, I sure would like to see these , maybe next time you might snap a pic. I think i could get the pulp out ok. These sound good to me.
Kim

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Thank you for your reply, I sure would like to see these , maybe next time you might snap a pic. I think i could get the pulp out ok. These sound good to me.
Kim

I'll try to remember, but, remember....... the memory is the second thing to go.................:blush:

Guts

I know what your are talking about, my shoe strings are longer than my memory, and that's not saying much. I cant remember what the first thing to go is but it might be the eyes around age 39½-40...

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Aww......... you were supposed to be the straight man and ask ME what's the first thing to go, so I can appear puzzled and answer, "I Don't Remember..."