Ole Spot-

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
BAPTIST DINNER FOR EIGHT

A new group of country friends that had just joined the Garden City Baptist Church wanted to get together on a regular basis to socialize and play games. They decided to rotate having dinner once a month at each other’s house. The lady of the house was to prepare the meal.
When it came time for Joe and Sharon to be the hosts, Sharon wanted to outdo all the others. Sharon decided to have mushroom-smothered steak, but mushrooms are expensive. After a visit to Jack’s Deli for the steaks and to price mushrooms Sharon told her husband, Joe, "No mushrooms, they are too high."
Joe suggested, "Why don't you go down in the pasture and pick some of those mushrooms? There are plenty in the creek bed."
Sharon said, "No, some wild mushrooms are poison."
Joe said, "Well, I see varmints eating them and they're OK."
So Sharon decided to give it a try. She picked a bunch, washed, sliced and diced them for her smothered steak. Then she went out on the back porch and gave Ole' Spot (the yard dog) a double handful.
Ole' Spot ate every bite. All morning long, Sharon watched Ole' Spot and the wild mushrooms didn't seem to affect him, so she decided to use them.
The meal was a great success and Sharon even convinced her sister, Linda to help her serve. Linda had on a white apron and a fancy little cap on her head.
After everyone had finished, they relaxed, socialized and played Phase 10 and Mexican Train dominoes. About then, Linda came in and whispered in Sharon ’s ear, " Sharon , Ole' Spot just died."
Sharon went into hysterics. After she finally calmed down, she called doctor Ellis and told him what had happened. Doctor Ellis said, "That's bad but I think we can take care of it. I will call Dickeys for an ambulance and I will be there as quick as possible. We'll give everyone enemas and pump out everyone's stomach. Everything will be fine. Just keep them calm, Don’t let anyone panic."
Soon they could hear the siren as Dickey’s ambulance was coming down the road. The EMT's, Mr. Schrock and Mr. Dickey and Doctor Ellis had suitcases, syringes and a stomach pump.
One by one, they took each person into the bathroom, gave them an enema and pumped out their stomach. After the last one was finished, Doctor Ellis came out and said, "I think everything will be fine now." Then he left.

They were all looking pretty weak sitting around the living room. About this time, Linda came in and said, "You know, that fellow that ran over Ole' Spot never even stopped."