What are you doing today?

Kylie1969

Hey everyone :)

I have been out shopping all morning, nice to be home relaxing in the airconditioning now!

Have done all my Christmas shopping, so good to have that all out of the way :)

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Been laying around most of the day. Think I caught something over the weekend. We went to a benefit dinner Saturday and there were a lot of kids racing around in a big hall at the fire hall. Little germ factories I call them.:hammer:

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
No wrk today, worked on wood most of the day. We have two shows this weekend and I am low on wood, so.........ere ar

Extended my lathe bed, so that I can turn things up to 42" long. I have an order to make a Ravioli roller. I was given (to measure) a rollr that is 100+ years old. The family wants one like it. There are ones availale online. They make larger ravioli. The customer wants one that makes 3/4" ones. I will post pix later of the antique one.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
the usual 2-hr. scramble to get glammed this morning. then i got a way over to the 1 section to get a few items. then to the bar. rowdy un-knowns there tonite. jags. got here, dined. soon, i gotta pack fer Thanksgiving visits.

Been laying around most of the day. Think I caught something over the weekend. We went to a benefit dinner Saturday and there were a lot of kids racing around in a big hall at the fire hall. Little germ factories I call them.:hammer:
Sounds a little like myself Mountain Man. I came home from work had a snooze and have just gotten up and feel like a semi truck has driven over me. So I have done just a bit of the house work and now am sitting in front of the monitor listening to the thunder that's going on outside. Have to love the thunder. In fact Im going to have to get off soon because I think the power is going to be going out. Lights have been flickering these last few minutes and the net is acting a little strange.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
shoppin' early- black friday in a few, also!:bb::D (may not be online; we'll see)
steer clear, grannies of western PA- tunnel vision when early Christmas shopping is on my agenda. sooooo, granny, ur not getting that last furby! my nephews may be interested in 1 fer a week, granny, & that last 1 is thiers!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
began my day early. i called my brother. then my Mom's office. seems she is on vacation,....... soooo, i called her co-worker. said to leave a post-it 4 my Mom sayin', 'aubrey needs those UGG riding boots in an 8.5, in a matte black, from ---------.'
meanwhile, i sent my Mom a few addt.l pix of 'da boots. in case the 1st 719 pix got lost, somehow.
the co-worker called my Mum!:bb::D
my Mom is on her way to trade my clean laundry fer another batch.
then to 'da bar. then
i may Christmas-tint my hair tonite. hafta see the colors i've got. redd/green, 'er candycane 'tis~

Last edited:

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Been housecleaning and paying some bills. Need to cut some wood since the temp got above freezing for the first time in a week.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i gots me boots. not yet. fer Christmas. let's say i acheived boot-purchasing via my Mom. i'm a pro. :drink2:

Attachments

• 1001888_gillespie_blk.jpg
    1001888_gillespie_blk.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 157

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Maybe that is where everyone is, very quiet in here today. Maybe I'll go shopping. :D

Leni

I have a dental appointment this afternoon. Just a cleaning and hope that they don't find anything.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Well i was busy getting some new wheels today. Tomorrow is another doc day and more blood tests. Wondering if I will break 60 vials this year. Tomorrow should be 2 and will put me at 57 for the year. At least I have some new 4X4 wheels to get there and Rochester when the snow flys.:yum:

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Today, I made 8 pens, four wine caddies with matching stoppers (new products), finished a special cutting boars and took a remote service call for a customer (compuetr).

We have a show tomorrow, Friday and Sunday, then we are done for the season. I do have tow big orders right after this.

Tired, but, happy. The wood business is picking up which is good as the computer business is not.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Went to get blood tests and the lab was closed at the annex. No way I am going through all the BS at the main hospital for that. Then went to the toe doc. Till he was done all his clipping poking a twisting it was hurting like mad. Came home and took a pain pill and just about to take another one. Sure wish somebody would figure it out. Next step is a neurologist but I am sure that will take till next February to get an appointment.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I'm making myself a note to put my black eyed peas on to soak before I go to bed. I always forget :dizzy:

Please show us your wine caddies/stoppers, Adillo. I'd love to see them.

PanchoHambre

Hi old friends. 2012 has been a bad year - glad to see it go. I have not been here but I have thought of you all often. I am making a beef stew, I think it is turning out well, Used the fat from yesterday's duck to brown and saute everything deglazed in red wine and added the leftover gelantized duck sauce I am pretty excited - all told beef, pancetta, assorted root veg, mushrooms, celery, peas added in succession (sauteed in duck fat) with a red wine deglaze and add of the leftover duck sauce (gelatin) I started with a marcella hazan recipe but deviated in so many ways.

but my main point is Happy New Year to all of you. I hope to be able to share and learn more in the upcoming year. Q, Allen, Lucky,Mama etc great to see your names again Happy New Year to all.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Out with the old and in with the new:

OldKitchenPulls_zps42e93c9d.jpg

NewKitchenPulls_zps63db2756.jpg

Monday evening I put on 30 new pulls. The screwdriver and I have a hate/hate relationship, so it took forever. Tuesday evening I thought I had put on the remaining 18. I ordered 50 so that I would have two extras, but I had three left. I just figured that they had miscounted. Ha--this morning I reached to get my coffee cup and discovered that I had miscounted. One more to install this evening and then I will be finito :clap:.

I got a really good deal too. Originally each pull was $4 something. Now way was I paying that. Got them for $1.50 each. Happy Camper here!

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Got a call to go early to the neurologist as they had a cancellation. Laid out on a table while the lady doc shocked me all over my leg. That stuff hurts. Was like getting hit with my pasture fencer. At least 50 times. Now i have 9 days till they drill my butt for bone marrow again.:yum:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Went to the doctor's office for bloofd work to check my cumidin level, then when to the bank to open a savings account, then went to BB&B to buy some kitchen toys!!

Among those items are the Stove Kettle Smoker and a Sodastream soda maker.

Last edited:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
shermie, hoping that ur blood levels return w/ good health results. plz let us know how the new 'kitch tool is. have looked into them fer months, & may be requesting 1 soon.

Shermie

Site Supporter
shermie, hoping that ur blood levels return w/ good health results. plz let us know how the new 'kitch tool is. have looked into them fer months, & may be requesting 1 soon.

Thanx, ok.

The first thing that I'm going to use it for is to do some babyback ribs when I get them!!!

It even came with 2 small containers of wood chips to get me started!! :cooking:

PanchoHambre

I am dealing with this :(

543973_544330532252478_1191971414_n.jpg

my baby was attacked on our walk last saturday - he is now a coney head with a tube inserted into his jowl to drain the fluid (cant see the lower wound in the pic) he finally is feeling a bit better but the little one wont stop humping him

I feel bad that I was not able to protect my protector - i am also now really nervous about going for walks any more - it was such a freak incident and not even one of the dogs I am usually worried about - a good owner of another large male - who dropped her leash for a second - dog saw us and rushed at us - result was bad but could be worse - My boy will be ok he has gone from fear of moving because of the cone to just bashing it into everything and anything in his way - progress i guess

Shermie

Site Supporter
I sincerely hope that the dog who attacked him is not rabid!!!

Looks like the little one behind him is still trying to hump on him. Hah!!!

Horny little guy!!!

Ronjohn

Currently sitting at my desk, wishing I was still down in the French Quarter in New Orleans. And yes, we stopped in and saw Vera, and yes her food is as amazing as ever. Even got to go out to dinner with her and Lou. Had a great time.

Now I'm back up north freezing :(

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Panchohambre - Get yourself a pocket spray of Binaca. You can spray it in a dog's mouth and they hate it, it does not hurt them. A dog trainer told me this.

I am sorry for your best friend. I worry a lot "The Boyz (my labs)" all the time we have a couple nasty dogs in the area.

The humping is about dominance. The little guy knows he can take advantage at the moment.

Hoping for a quick recovery. I also hope the other owner covered the vet bills.

PanchoHambre

I sincerely hope that the dog who attacked him is not rabid!!!

Looks like the little one behind him is still trying to hump on him. Hah!!!

Horny little guy!!!
no not rabid not even a bad dog, just aggressive to large males like himself

Panchohambre - Get yourself a pocket spray of Binaca. You can spray it in a dog's mouth and they hate it, it does not hurt them. A dog trainer told me this.

I am sorry for your best friend. I worry a lot "The Boyz (my labs)" all the time we have a couple nasty dogs in the area.

The humping is about dominance. The little guy knows he can take advantage at the moment.

Hoping for a quick recovery. I also hope the other owner covered the vet bills.

thanks adillo, that's interesting about binaca - I did the math on only the two short blocks that me and the other live on there are less than 20 occupied houses and 10 dogs - we will soon have a bunch more units on line and presumably more dogs - that's alot of dogs in a small area. She said she would but I have not had the chance to go speak to her.

Leni

Yesterday and today I am recovering from an attack of vertigo. No fun folks. Good thing that the rest of the family is self sufficient. Except for the doctor visit I spent both days in bed. Feeling a lot better now.