Chicken Piccata

LADawg

After reviewing several recipes I came up with this one for my wife and I. If you are cooking for more than 2 you will need to increase amounts

CHICKEN PICCATA

2 Chicken Breast Cutlets, boneless, skinless
1/3 Cup Flour
Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
2 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese, finely grated
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
3 Tablespoons Butter, unsalted, divvied
1/3 Cup White Wine*
1 ½ Tablespoons Lemon Juice
2 Tablespoons Capers, rinsed

Wash the chicken, pat it dry with a paper towel, and set aside.
In a small wide bowl mix together the Flour, Salt, Black Pepper, and Parmesan Cheese. Heat the Olive Oil and 1 1/2 Tablespoons of the Butter in a heavy skillet over medium high heat.
Dredge the Chicken Cutlets in the Flour mixture, shaking off any excess. Add Chicken to the hot skillet and sauté for about 3 minutes, turn and cook the other side for another 3 minutes. Each side should be a golden brown. Remove from the skillet and keep warm while making the sauce.
Add the Wine and deglaze the skillet by scraping up any brown bits that may be there. Allow the Wine to reduce a bit and add the Lemon Juice and Capers. Continue to simmer the sauce until it is reduced by half. Add and melt the remaining 1 1/2 Tablespoons of Butter.
Place the warm Chicken Cutlets on plates and spoon the sauce over the Chicken to serve.

NOTES: *Chicken Stock may be substituted for the Wine.

Last edited:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Love chicken piccata!

Chicken stock may be substituted for the wine, but please don't :D. The wine brings so much to the dish.