[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]1 cup reduced sodium soy sauce[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]½ cup rice vinegar[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]2 cloves garlic, minced[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]½ teaspoon ground black pepper[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]2 tsp sesame oil[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]12 skinless chicken thighs[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the cornstarch, cold water, sugars, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger and ground black pepper. Let simmer, stirring frequently, until sauce thickens and bubbles.[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]Grease or spray a 9” X 13” pan and arrange the chicken in the pan, meaty side up. Pour all but 1 cup of the sauce over the chicken. Brush the sauce over the chicken and then turn it over, meaty side down. Cover with foil.[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]Bake for 30 minutes, then remove foil and turn chicken over. Return to oven for 15 minutes, and remove and brush chicken again. Return to oven again and leave for 15-20 minutes more, until chicken is glazed, done and tender. Serve with rice, garnished with chopped green onion and toasted sesame seeds.[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]Serves six, unless they are really hungry. Better plan on four.[/FONT]

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 175

buckytom

Grill Master
awesome karen!!!!

we love teryaki chicken but very often the sauce (from a jar) seems to be lacking. i've never tried to make it at home before.

i will definitely be making this soon, especially since it'll be dw approved by using skinless chicken. thanks! :readytoeat:

Last edited:

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Thanks, BT and Sass - I forgot to add that you serve the chicken and rice with the extra cup of sauce on the side...tastes really good on the rice.

Cuisinette

I love that sauce you have over the chicken, I need to make a batch to have it handy.

This is what I do with sauces to last at least 6 month, I make it without the starch and keep them in labeled bottles in the fridge. You can freeze it too.

Starch creates mold in time... I prefer to add it while I prepare the meal.

Thank you Karen.

Guts

Karen your recipe is very close to what I've been doing in my wok was small pieces of chicken.

Have you ever tried your Rice vinegar on your white Rice? I do it all a time and really like it.