9th Ave. Food Festival, NYC

buckytom

Grill Master
i just found out that this weekend is the 9th ave food festival in hell's kitchen, nyc.

for some weird reason they never advertise it a lot, so i decided to post a message in case anyone within driving distance of nyc that's interest can make it.

it's a huge event, spanning from 42nd to 57th street. there is food from just about every country in the world represented, along with many booths of crafts, clothing, relative junk, and knock-off hand bags and watches.

i'm looking forward to smoked turkey legs, pad thai, sausage and peppers, grilled corn, and a mozzarepa.

i'm hoping dw and my boy come in to meet me after work so we can pig out. if anyone is going, i'd be happy to meet up.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
BOY OH BOY...........

The temptation to train in for it is great........... pig out and meet the Buckster, what a combo...........

When I lived in NYC, one of my favorite dining experiences was just off ninth avenue, but a little farther south of Hell's Kitchen.... maybe 39th or 40th.......... wonder if it survives...probably not............Giordano's.....(spelling ?)

Last edited:

buckytom

Grill Master
lol @ giordano's, lt.

that was a long time ago. they closed around 15 or twenty years ago.

i never got to eat there but always wanted to because the guests that were interviewed on ny rangers hockey games were always given a giordano's gift certificate. i figured it had to be good if guys with missing teeth liked to eat there, lol.

now i'm not sure if i'll be here for the food fest. dw made plans to go out with a friend so that i could stay home and get yardwork done (i think she's related to ss, wha-pish) if i could take the day off.

there is no rest for the wicked nor weary.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
too bad that you missed it, BT;
I remember that I was impressed, not only with the food, but with the fact that there was no hard-copy menu....... the chef made his rounds early every morning, and then concocted the menu of the day, which the server would recite to you.............

How about "The Library", which was a beef and ale house, in an old library
annex / building on the upper (94Th & 7th??) west side ?? Probably long gone............ interesting in that it was my first experience with Pewter (?) plates
that were as hot as an oven, and you could reach around you for something to read while you waited for the dinner to arrive............